Tyler - Suns
5%
Joe - Celtics
No votes

Total votes: 21

jwoo
General Manager

Post by jwoo »

Voted for Merv, I thought his moves to grab both Curries at pretty reasonable cost were massive and obviously vaulted him toward the top of the standings. A lot of attention went to the Knicks this year but I think the Magic were every bit as good and obviously were just a game off of the Atlantic. Massive turnaround from last season and he was able to do it with some unsung guys like Jeremy Lamb, and also with some players he drafted and developed which I always love to see. Think Orlando is in a sustainable place.

Second place for me was Hoff, he did some ballsy shit to get Blake and Jimmy, put them in good spots to succeed around Kyrie, and then found some really nice cheap depth pieces to round that team out. He didn’t settle for just being good and it paid off, Dallas will be in a good spot again as long as the PG is happy.

Props to the Grizz Knicks and Suns in particular for different reasons for their respective seasons. Lot of people did a very good management job. The league keeps getting tougher!
"It’s the evilness of the business that I don’t really care about, not the media per se. It’s the ill intent that comes along with it. Searching for headlines, searching for stories, clickbait. That’s the part I don’t like." - DeMarcus Cousins
Clinton
General Manager

Post by Clinton »

Jordo wrote: September 4th, 2024, 4:56 pm Edited my vote post to also include the word nitwits
image was clearly AI generated
8-) Santa Cruz Warriors NDL Champs: 8-)
2008, 2012, 2014
bobby
General Manager

Post by bobby »

I voted for hoff. the roster is perfect. He levered up wisely and has exactly the squad you'd wanna have if you're gonna trade all your picks
Derek
Small Council

Post by Derek »

Voted for hoff. Fun moves were made that catapulted him to the top contender category. He was also pretty much the only person who reached out to me for a real sign & trade opportunity. Great season hoff!
Josh
General Manager

Post by Josh »

voting for hoff. he had the biggest change YoY and made his team a contender with his offseason moves. With the benefit of hindsight, the blake trade was maybe the best move of the year. And butler was a good fit. That being said, I think both players could have been acquired more cheaply at the time... is butler really much better than hayward... And maybe there was a teeny bit of luck in blake getting better YoY... giving him the benefit of the doubt that it was all part of his plan

Shoutout to Nav who built a pretty perfect team and was able to get a superstar in Myles at the 3, something I couldn't figure out how to do with the zinger. Melo trade was great.

Merv deserves recognition as well to create a strong competitor, but I liked the melo deal more than the steph one (note that I am biased because he outbid me)

Tyler's name should be in the mix too, as he also created a clear finals contender. don't want to say too many good things about him before he beats me in game 7 though

great season, great GMs all around
Last edited by Josh on September 5th, 2024, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
heimer
General Manager

Post by heimer »

merv made the biggest splash trades. big trades make big teams make big wins. grizzlies have such an impressive young team and really outperformed my expectations. hoff might just know something none of us do. tyler built a beautiful team from a tricky spot not too long ago. nav legit made Joe trade his entire team because the knicks are so good. this league has tons of great GMs. my vote goes to merv for ze big splash trades
Welcome to Atlanta where the playas play
And we ride on dem thangs like ev-ery day
Big beats, hit streets, see gangstahs roamin'
And parties don't stop 'til eight in the Monin
Wes
General Manager

Post by Wes »

Close race between a few worthy GMs. I ultimately voted for Merv, getting the Curry's (especially Steph) added the most champ equity of a team this season, imo. He didn't have to give up any of his top prospects and only parted with one of his own picks. The Det picks are valuable but Orland maintains flexibility if TC or FA luck screws him. Next for me is Hoff. He also had a S&T for Blake lined up with me. He identified who he wanted and then made tentative deals with seemingly everyone who had a shot at him. Shoutout to the Suns and Knicks for also assembling awesome squads.
Tyler
The Champ

Post by Tyler »

I ended up voting for Hoff although I think Merv has just as good of a case. Depends what you are looking for but my
Tiebreaker was sustainability since both teams fully leveraged themselves and are absolutely insane. Hoff’s moves have set the Mavs up for sustainable success and contention for as long as we can reasonably predict. It will take Kyrie going crazy for this team to win less than 53 games every year. Magic have to fight an RFA battle and convince Eddy Curry to come back for another dance.

Josh deserves praise. Conley was a fairly cheap acquisition and a perfect fit for this team. He has also been giving us fits this postseason. Loved the Noah and Ibaka additions for depth.

Nav is a god at sim ball and him bringing Melo to the Knicks was super fun. I remember sitting poolside in Orlando trying to convince him to draft Melo at 3!
quady
General Manager

Post by quady »

Voted for Merv for the reasons many people above said. I loved his big move getting Steph, and the small ones around the edges as well like taking Lamb from me for peanuts. He's been tinkering with the DCs all year as well (it never occurred to me to make Horford a 3-4-5 super sub) to great effect. Also wanted to shoutout Hoff for the stellar wheeling and dealing many mentioned above, and Tyler, for turning the Suns into an inside juggernaut, and making Dwight useful again
Nav
Small Council

Post by Nav »

Voted Hoff

Loved the contrarian Blake Griffin deal. Hoff alsk effectively fleshed out his depth with sharp moves on the margins and the Butler deal has worked out for him despite my skepticism. Really nice roster construction that is worthy of GMOTY, though there were a lot of awesome candidates in both conferences (Merv, Tyler, Josh, too many others to count)