Indiana Pacers 2014-15 Season Wrap-Up

Post information about your team here.
tonger
General Manager

Post by tonger »

Samantha Steele with Jimmy Butler, Chris Bosh, and Deron Williams.

SS: We're excited to be here with the 2014-2015 season runners-up, the Indiana Pacers. Jimmy, Chris, Deron - it’s been a few weeks since the team’s heartbreaking loss in the Finals. Walk us through those five games and the team atmosphere since.
CB: Look, I’d be lying if I didn’t say we’re disappointed. We fought hard to make the Finals and felt we were a better team than losing 4-1, but that was the result. At the end of the day, it’s just more motivation to come back stronger.
JB: I’ll share exactly what I shared with Coach: we got too cute in the Finals. We started matchup hunting instead of playing our own game. For me in particular, I’m the best two-way player in the game. I’ll shit in your best player’s mouth and kiss their momma on the cheek after the game. But Coach took me off Kawhi for some reason. I’ve made my feelings clear to Coach, and that mistake won’t happen again.

SS: Still, even with the loss, you have to be happy with last season right? It was one of the franchise’s most successful in a long time.
JB: No, we don’t. We won’t be happy until we hang a banner in the Fieldhouse. We’ve been overlooked and continue to be overlooked. Here in Indiana, we don’t ignore the haters - we take notes and keep receipts. None of the “experts” picked us to even win our division last season. Even after we made the Finals, we heard teams saying they would have beat us in the Finals. Make it there first, then we’ll talk.

SS: Deron, for you in particular, you had a huge season last season. Did you feel some vindication after a career that, some would say, has underperformed expectations thus far?
DW: I -
JB: D, let me take this one. We’ve always known what Deron can do. He’s one of the best point guards in the league and a winning player. Most importantly, he’s willing to do what’s best for the team. Even as the team’s marquee signing two offseasons ago, he came off the bench the entire season with no complaints. Now he’s finally being recognized by all the “analytics experts” in the league.
DW: Thanks Jimmy. Sam, all I’ll say is that I’m not the only unfairly maligned player to come to Indiana. B-Roy and Yaro came here to prove themselves and did, and this season it’s Ray’s turn. We read social media like everyone else, and we come to Indiana to do our talking on the court.

SS: Looking forward to this season, the team is bringing back much of the same core, but with some new faces as well. How’s the team shaping up thus far?
DW: We’re incredibly excited about this upcoming season. We’re running 15 deep. Every single player on this roster is going to play a significant role, and most importantly, knows their role. We believe we’ll be more cohesive than last season. We love Marco and tried all season to get him to shoot it more, but he kept saying he needed to shoot better percentages than Rudy Fernandez for some reason. This season, we have Kevin, who knows that when he’s on the floor he only has one job: to shoot the rock.

SS: Obviously, the elephant in the room is Eddie Griffin leaving the team and ultimately joining your divisional rivals, the Detroit Pistons. Did you talk with Eddie about his impending free agency before he joined the team, and have you been in contact since?
JB: All I’ll say is, we were in communication with Eddie the entire way. We were all aware of the team’s cap situation and knew we had another shot this year to bring back the same core. We talked to Eddie about one more year, and every indication we had was that he’d recommit to the team. Obviously, that’s not what ended up happening, and if Eddie doesn’t want to be here, then we’ll see him on the court. But we know Dre is ready. He’s been working hard on his game for the past three seasons and is putting in the work this offseason to be the league’s best rebounder.

SS: Do you have any games next season circled on your calendar?
JB: Absolutely. We’ll be waiting for Eddie to come through. San Antonio for obvious reasons. And the Heat - those boys were talking crazy. Klay kept saying that game 6 is "his time." 7 for 22 from the field ain't gonna get it done though fam.

SS: Lastly, Chris - when you came to Indiana two seasons ago, you declared that the team would compete for championships. Do you believe you’ve delivered on that promise?
CB: While we’re proud of the past two seasons, we’re absolutely not satisfied. We know how hard it is, and a championship is still the goal.
Merv
General Manager

Post by Merv »

Is Jimmy a crazy person?
tonger
General Manager

Post by tonger »

Merv wrote: June 12th, 2024, 9:51 pm Is Jimmy a crazy person?
He definitely has a few screws loose. You should have seen him before his media training this offseason - he briefly posted this to his social after the Bulls series until the Pacers organization threatened a fine.

We’re still unsure why there’s a Jazz logo - we think it’s because he’s childhood friends with Marvin Williams. Regardless, apologies to the Bulls and Jazz organizations for any embarrassment this may have caused.
SWAMP STEVEN
General Manager

Post by SWAMP STEVEN »

FROM THE SWAMP: Anthony Davis made a paper fortune teller and played with the whole team during summer training camp. Nine of 15 rostered Nets, including Davis, got “marry Tonger”

One of 15 rostered Nets (Royce White) got “live alone in a house made of farts”
*DJ DRAMA VOICE* OH YOU HEARD THE RUMORS [GANGSTA GRIZZILLZ] IT’S A MOTHERFUCKIN SWAMPSTORY!

*lighter flick* Never talk to the cops I don’t speak piglatin / I turned the Nets into the motherfuckin Swamp Dragons 🐉 🐲
Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

SWAMP STEVEN wrote: June 14th, 2024, 1:00 pm FROM THE SWAMP: Anthony Davis made a paper fortune teller and played with the whole team during summer training camp. Nine of 15 rostered Nets, including Davis, got “marry Tonger”

One of 15 rostered Nets (Royce White) got “live alone in a house made of farts”
I am deceased
"It's great to see the Celtics doing well again, 'cause that was so much fun in my day to go to the Boston Garden and get spit at, get things thrown at you and talk about your mom. It sounds like dinner at Kenny Smith's house."