Mantypas’s Free Agency Primer - power ranking positional availability and a random bonus round no one asked for

Post your written content here!
mantypas/CavsCzar
General Manager
Mantypas’s Free Agency Primer - power ranking positional availability and a random bonus round no one asked for

Post by mantypas/CavsCzar »

I have a flight from Cleveland to Philly then a drive to DC tonight, and was chatting with Merv about RP. He said to write something so here I am. Shoutout to Merv. Shoutout to all other SLN content creators, no not you Jared McCain you tiktok slut.

Name says it all. I looked at each every available player by position and power ranked which positions had the best FAs that will help make immediate impacts. No stats or anything, just pure pulse check based on names and ratings. I then went down a mega rabbit hole regarding my favorite IRL NBA team, the Washington Wizards. Hope you all enjoy! And forgive any typos. Literally writing this on the notes app. But took time to do some sort of spacing , you are welcome Joe, give me more RPs!

5th - Point guards
Top guys - Isiah Thomas? Rajon Rondo? Ray ray felton? Kyle Lowry (lol go Villanova), Pat Beverly?
Yeah, not many or even starting caliber point guards available this year. Ray ray felton is probably the best of the bunch and he was signed by the Pacers on an MLE last year. If you are looking for a depth PG, there may be someone for you to either give you scoring (see IT, Steve Blake, Raul Lopez whose so old) or defense (Pat Bev, Ray Ray, Rodrigue Beaubois) but that’s about it, no one is giving you quality of both

4th - Centers
Top guys - Darko Millicic, Amare Stoudamire, Emeka Okafor
Darko is the real headliner here with the only A A- out of the bunch. There are some quality starters and role players out of this bunch though. Some MLE capable guys could include Elton Brand, Robin Lopez, and Tyson Chandler. And some interesting potential LLE or vet mins in Andray Blatche, Nene (big playoff run with the Mavs), Channing Fryeguy, and Boofshart. John Henson is an interesting one coming off his rookie deal with some pot remaining

3rd - Power Forwards
Top Guys - LMA, MKG, TMac (I’m counting him here since he’s played this position for the past few seasons)
In my opinion, this group slightly beats out the center group due to the young guys available with pot probably (MKG, Draymond -listed at SF for a reason, TRob, guy I refuse to name, etc) as well as having more versatile guys, scorers like Ryno Anderson and Tyler Hansborough vs pure rebounders like Carlos Boozer and David Lee. Other interesting guys include the defense first guys like Luc Mbah Bootaayy, the Buttman (first name Renaldo), and Jon Leuer who might be pretty solid.

2nd - Small forward
Top guys - Rudy Gay, Brandon Roy, Joe Ingles
I think we can look up and down the FA list and see that wings are clearly the top dogs available. As you will see in my SG write up, that position has the bigger stars. But I think the reason the SF group could be argued over would be the young guys and the versatility of the group. Some of the young guys include Khris Middleton, Jae Crowder, and a guy I won’t name. There are some immediate contributors that could be snatched at reasonable deals, like Tayshaun Prince, Andre Iggy, Luol Deng, and Wilson Chandler. If you are looking for a rebounder and defender, look no further than big Yi or at a cheaper price, Wilson Chandler. If you are looking for an off the bench pop, look no further than Adam Morrison (though he stinks at everything else) or Bargnani (again quite stinky at other things). Shout out to Garrett Temple just because. Sideline reporter at the time for the Wizards, Chris Miller, talked about this man never drinking or doing any drugs in his life and just working really hard to make the NBA. Though that makes him kind of a dork, you have to respect the grind and hustle to now be set for life. I hope when he retires he tries every drug known to man (not at the same time and in safe doses). Protect that man at all costs!

1st - Shooting Guards
Top Guys - Monte Ellis, CJ Miles, Dahntay Jones
This group has it all. Star players in the above, 3 and D guys like Thabo, Paxlovid (his ratings are sexy Jwoo, they are sexy just get over it), and straight up gunners like Bellineli and Kevin Martin. A couple really interesting young guys include Terrance Ross, Evan Fournier, Williams Barton, and Dion Waiters. MLE candidates include Jason Richardson, who is somehow still alive is still and is good still (barring a TC cliff jump), Gerald Henderson, and Anthony Morrow. Swaggy P is still in the league, which really puts this team over the top.

Bonus round - let’s make a team with former Wizard players in FA for the love of the game and my favorite poverty franchise (sorry redskins you are close but you’re stadium is too fucked in terms of location, layout, etc, and Dan Snyder really messed up my childhood).

Starting PG - Ty Lawson - yes he did briefly play for my zards in 2018 for a playoff run. Scott brooks decided to effectively bench an efficient but passive Tomas Satoransky for Ty Lawson cuz he got hot one game. Teams proceeded to eat his lunch on defense. One of the many things to get Scott brooks fired.

Starting SG - Swaggy P - Nick Young himself. A straight up goon, taker of all shots good or bad (no mostly just bad). Lots of sick highlights though, look up his 360 layups. Part of a ridiculous crew that will be mentioned later

Starting SF - Yi Jianlian - he was absolutely horrendous for the wizards, but my god, was he a cheat code in NBA 2k11. Stretch bigs in 2k are GOATED.

Starting PF - Taj Gibson - he played with the wizards a year ago in his twilight years . Just a locker guy and enforcer at the time, but everyone loved him. Def helped Gafford get tougher

Starting C - Emeka Okafor - he played a couple seasons and was solid but had a ton of injury problems that kinda forced him out of the league.

Backup 1 - Raul Neto - I hated when he got a bunch of backup minutes because defenses would literally get his guy to screen then force a mismatch on his little Brazilian ass, but god was he a feisty finisher. I ended up respecting the guy I hated.

Third string 1 - Shelvin Mack - he’s a guy we had and he STINKS!

Backup 2 - Jordan McRae - an absolute G League hall of famer, could get buckets (set a G league scoring record with 61 back in the day with the Cavs G league team)

Third string 2 - Jodie Meeks - he played a season with the zards and the twilight of his career , limited minutes but you know if he got the ball behind the 3 point line and was open, he was probably canning that sucka

Backup 3 - Garrett Temple - already highlighted , the GOAT role player and team mate.

Third string 3 - Al Thornton. He had some highlights like dunking on fools, but was overall pretty bad.

Backup 4 - Markieff Morris - I’m putting him here cuz he played the 4 for the wiz. Part of the death row wiz lineup with John Wall, Brad Beal, Otto Porter/Paul Pierce/Kelly Oubae, and Gortat/Nene. He’s not really good in the SLN, but maybe he can one day.

Third string 4 - another cheat, but going with Andray Blatche cuz he played that with the wiz. He should probably go above Markieff in this DC, but I’m a bit too lazy to change it now. He was part the knucklehead crew with Nick Young, rookie Jwall, and Jordan “dunked on LeBron” Crawford. He had like a 20 game stretch where he averaged 20 and 10 and everyone thought he was going to be good. Then he decided he didn’t care at all (or always didn’t) and never got better. Sad!

Backup 5 - Robin Lopez - Captain Hook for a season for the wizards where they made a crazy run to grab the 8 seed, and held onto it in the first play in tourney. They lost to the sixers in 5 that year, but Captain Hook was a valuable rotational piece.

Third string 3 - Kevin Seraphin and Javale McGee. Yes I’m just calling them one person. Two very different people though with similar beginnings. Both young guys with those knuckleheads. Javale bounced around then became a valuable guy after leaving the nuggets and won 3 total rings. Serphun has a similar thing as Blatche, late season 20 and 10 guy, then never got much better.

Well that’s a wrap. Can’t wait to grab my bonus RP incentive for the first article of the season, all for Believeland. Thanks all! And for fun, if you want to give your starting 5 of available FAs from your favorite NBA team, do it in the comments. Would love to see it. Now that I’ve landed I’m posting this sucker. Peace and best of luck in FAs!
FOR THE LAND
GX.
General Manager

Post by GX. »

:shock: updates bids :shock:
Concepts of a Plan
General Manager

Post by Concepts of a Plan »

That’s a lot of interesting and solid guys off a team that won 21 games
We have concepts of a plan - Orlando Front Office
Joe
Small Council