Merv's 2018 Mock Draft

Post your written content here!
Concepts of a Plan
General Manager
Merv's 2018 Mock Draft

Post by Concepts of a Plan »

JWoo wants more content for the anniversary so I figured I'd steal his job. Welcome to Merv's Mocks! Since we only have a handful of profiles, some of this will be based on what I think of players. Fortunately, I don't have a lottery pick so I can be more honest. Also in the spirit of fun, I ran a lottery based on the current standings, and it was a doozy! You'd think Amelia ran this thing!

#1 Denver Nuggets
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander - SG
This dude is FBB perfect. So perfect he had to be moved to SG that plays PG. Expect high efficiency, low turnovers, and elite defense. As wild as it sounds, I don't even think you consider Luka here.

#2 Chicago Bulls
Luka Doncic - SF
Matt tanks for one season and lands the future in Luka Doncic. He's a pretty non-Matt player with his likely 3.0 turnovers per game but he's gonna be pretty sick on offense. Expect a future 30ppg scorer and dominant force. Easy #2

#3 Golden State Warriors
Jalen Brunson - PG
Yeah, I'm going notes guy #3. In fact, I bet one of you Knicks fans would offer Clint your entire franchise for this selection. Warriors need a PG which brings it down to Trae or Jalen and I'd take Jalen in real life so here we are!

#4 Milwaukee Bucks
Jaren Jackson Jr. - PF
Derek only takes bigs high if they're interesting and Myles Turner Jr. is interesting. Even if Myles Turner and Nav ruined his chances at playing SF.

#5 Washington Bullets
Trae Young - PG
Wes takes the best player on the board who will be a certified bucket. Fortunately Siakam and Jarrett Allen play defense and rebound.

#6 Portland Trail Blazers
Deandre Ayton - C
I mean, he's a natural Blazer! He's got really high upside and I think Quady takes the swing on a big talented guy who can partner with Lauri to become a scoring front court.

#7 Charlotte Hornets
Mikal Bridges - SF
Good luck scoring on the Hornets with JI and Mikal on the wings. Perfect fit for this team and is the last of the profile guys so far.

#8 LA Lakers
Michael Porter Jr. - SF
GX goes for a huge talent swing that could be a potential 1-4 sub dynamo. Ryan Anderson is probably what you can expect MPJ to be.

#9 Seattle Supersonics
Mo Bamba - C
Nick really wants Wemby and I bet Ashes give Mo Bamba ALL the potential and none of the ratings. Perfect guy for the perma-tank.

#10 Washington Bullets via HOU
Robert Williams - C
He could be the biggest of butts. One of the better defenders in the NBA with a very checkered injury history. Expect a big blocky boy.

#11 Miami Heat
Mitchell Robinson - C
As Bogut ages and this front court gets creaky, Mitchell could be huge for them as a rebounder/shot blocker.

#12 Seattle Supersonics via DET
Anfernee Simons - SG
He might be a lot like CJ McCollum but expect him to be wired to score with good upside. Potentially even a can play PG stip! Nick continues accumulating talent.

#13 Cleveland Cavaliers
Wendell Carter Jr. - C
Did you guys know Wendell has more win shares than MPJ and JJJ in this class?! Me neither. Wendell is like if Al Horford were worse in real life. He'll shoot a few 3s at an okay clip but should board and block.

#14 LA Clippers
Miles Bridges - SF
Should be very high inside with his jumping. Potential big riser based on his profile. Bobby nabs a future starting SF here.

#15 LA Lakers via PHI
Collin Sexton - SG
Talent swing for the Xtractor. At best you hope he's diet Lou Will. Likely better than Jordan Clarkson.

#16 Golden State Warriors via SAC
Donte DiVincenzo - SG
Clint gets what is probably an efficient bucket with just okay defense. Expect him to be in Santa Cruz.

#17 Boston Celtics
Marvin Bagley - PF
Joe takes the highest upside guy he can stash in the NDL because there's pretty slim pickings at this point.

#18 New Jersey Nets
Bruce Brown - SG?
Smaller Boris Diaw has to be a Swamp Dragon right?

#19 San Antonio Spurs
Kevin Huerter - SG
Boredo lands a high outside likely just mid defender in Kevin Huerter. Should fit in perfectly after Shabazz exile.

#20 Boston Celtics via IND
Grayson Allen - SG
Should be a fun NDL player if he's allowed to go. Fits that Boston culture ;)

#21 Seattle Supersonics via PHX
Jarred Vanderbilt - PF
Elite boards, elite nothing else.

#22 Golden State Warriors via MIN
Gary Trent Jr. - SG
Can see Clint selling this pick because he has so many dudes to camp. Gary Trent could be the type of guy that slips and people would be interested in buying.

#23 Chicago Bulls via ATL
Duncan Robinson - SF
The type of guy who goes for 40 a game in the NDL

#24 Sacramento Kings via VAN
De'Anthony Melton - SG (Can play PG?)
Jesse makes this pick because De'Anthony is going to be hella stocky and fun.

#25 LA Clippers via TOR
Devonte' Graham
Maybe he sticks as a back up, was not efficient in real life

#26 Orlando Magic
Moritz Wagner - C
This guy is pure Magic

#27 Milwaukee Bucks via NYK
Jae'Sean Tate - SF
Bet he's an intriguing notes fella

#28 LA Lakers via UTA
Landry Shamet - PG
High outside, low everything else like a handful of other guys in this class

#29 Portland Trail Blazers via DAL
Kenrich Williams - PF
He's a fun role player IRL?
We have concepts of a plan - Orlando Front Office
jwoo
General Manager

Post by jwoo »

Good content. But not anniversary specific
"It’s the evilness of the business that I don’t really care about, not the media per se. It’s the ill intent that comes along with it. Searching for headlines, searching for stories, clickbait. That’s the part I don’t like." - DeMarcus Cousins
Concepts of a Plan
General Manager

Post by Concepts of a Plan »

jwoo wrote: August 30th, 2024, 5:31 pm Good content. But not anniversary specific
Well next time you get no content. Can’t please this man
We have concepts of a plan - Orlando Front Office
Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

I should be so lucky to get Mr. Bagley. Nobody had more potential
I miss Manu
quady
General Manager

Post by quady »

If we wind up with Ayton I’ll rage quit
Clinton
General Manager

Post by Clinton »

Idk if we have any chance at getting Brunson but this would be the greatest luck of all time
8-) Santa Cruz Warriors NDL Champs: 8-)
2008, 2012, 2014
Clinton
General Manager

Post by Clinton »

But yes gimme more SGs lol
8-) Santa Cruz Warriors NDL Champs: 8-)
2008, 2012, 2014
Kipke
Small Council

Post by Kipke »

350 RP