17-18 Team Awards

Post your written content here!
mantypas/CavsCzar
General Manager

Post by mantypas/CavsCzar »

TEAM AWARDS - CAVS

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Zach Lavine - the guy turned into a volume machine over night, top 10 scorer, defense up to an A-, almost willed us to the playoffs

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Nerlens the Stockness monster himself. one stocky boi

MOST IMPROVED: Lavine again - top ten scorer goes crazy

SIXTH MAN: Jae Crowder - he is ok now, after being a god in like his second season

BIGGEST SURPRISE: Our late season surge. We put BJ as the top option to see his turnovers spike, then he played his best basketball of his lifetime and turned the TOs a tick down. Time to let DLO shine though

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Honestly not making the playoffs, after deciding i didnt want to make the playoffs, it wouldve been pretty cool to sneak back up and into the playoffs

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: Frye for 169 RP. Love the memes

REGRETS: None ever (well sometimes some but not this season, we just vibed)
FOR THE LAND
pacers
General Manager

Post by pacers »

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER:
Jrue. Just gets better every year. Bosh is a close second, but Jrue is the leader of this team now.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR:
Jrue. Total lockdown defender, he's the straw that stirs the drink on the defensive end.

MOST IMPROVED:
Eh... basically all my players other than Jrue took a step back so I'll make this the LEAST IMPROVED. Anthony Morrow, Pops... what happened to you guys?

SIXTH MAN:
I swapped basically my entire bench through the course of the season, but of all the guys I think its Okafor. Just super solid.

BIGGEST SURPRISE:
That basically all my bench guys got worse in TC. Was a bummer.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT:
Bounced in the first round after going up 2-1... sometimes that's just the way the ball bounces!

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR:
Acquiring Rudy F!

REGRETS:
None!
Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

TEAM AWARDS

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Gordon Hayward. I traded Paul George and Michael Beasley and Larry Sanders and I got back Gordon Hayward and scraps/bums. My team was significantly better after the trade, we gained like +2 in differential in the last 30 games of the year.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Andrew Bynum. He was the only FC player that made it to the end of the season with us. He's just a locked in 3:1 stock to TO, as reliable as it gets

MOST IMPROVED: Ummmm....I guess WIllie Cauley Stein in the NDL? He gon be nice.

SIXTH MAN: Hairy Garris before he was traded. Guy was doing positively Sasha Pavlovic numbers as a backup, but the market demand for him was lessened by his expiring deal.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: Making the playoffs as a 6 seed and winning 2 road games off of one of the best teams in the conference after we had openly been trying to lose for the second half of the season. I'm not saying anything about the other East teams...I'm sayin something about Gordon Hayward

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: It's either not being able to successfully tank for a lottery pick or not being able to get out of the first round of the playoffs. We were just mediocre enough!

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: Gordon Hayward's fuckboy haircut

REGRETS: Oh man, a lot. Probably not trading Paul George 3 seasons ago? Maybe not starting Jeremy Lin after the first sim? Hanging onto Jamal Crawford for too long due to sentimental reasons? Not trading Diglet Michael Beasley for Dugtrio Ryan Anderson? Needless to say, it was not the Celtics' year
I miss Manu
Derek
Small Council

Post by Derek »

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Spida - he had a nice rookie campaign and won us some games

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: MKG - per36 of 4 stocks / 1.2 TOs / 12 boards

MOST IMPROVED: Non-rookies mostly held the line

SIXTH MAN: Josh Hart provided some energy off the bench

BIGGEST SURPRISE: Spida being that nice as an uncamped rookie

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Striking out on everyone in FA

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: S&T for MKG, Celtics picks for Josh Hart

REGRETS: Tanking sucks
Matt
Small Council

Post by Matt »

TEAM AWARDS

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER:

Woof. We were pretty bad. I'll have to go with John Wall, since he was probably both our best player and the reason we had the worst record in the league.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Derrick White! He did over 3 stocks per 36 as a rookie! He's gonna be a stock god - just need him to get a little better at scoring the ball.

MOST IMPROVED: I'll give a shoutout to Caris Lavert here, he made 1st team all league in the NDL at SG and looks to be a bucket. Here's hoping he can keep it up in SLN.

SIXTH MAN: RoCo I guess? He's been a pretty big disappointment, though that's mostly a function of me not knowing how to utilize these weird bad offense stocky rebounding wings. Looking forward to seeing how Jesse utilizes him

BIGGEST SURPRISE:

Being as bad as we actually were? I guess that's what happens when you get rid of all your bigs, but I can't say I expected to be THAT bad.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT:

I guess the biggest disappointment was losing the tiebreaker for 1st lotto odds, but I've since fully convinced myself that Luka would have been the 1st pick anyway. Being a Chicago sports fan and trying to convince myself that Trubisky and Fields are the future at QB has strengthened my ability to delude myself.

I think Dillon Brooks at 11 is going to end up being a good pick. He had a great first camp, he looked competent in year 1, and only has room to grow.

REGRETS:

Trading Tony Parker!
rbrown5192
General Manager

Post by rbrown5192 »

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER:

Otto. I’m excited to have him now and he was awesome for the half season we had him. Hoping he can keep improving on inside to boost his volume

Draymond. He seems to have finally started to get some Stocks. I just wish he wasn’t so inefficient on offense - that’s what keeps pushing me to move him to backup 4/5

MOST IMPROVED:

Draymond for the reasons above.

SIXTH MAN:

Draymond. He’s a beast off the bench at the 4/5

BIGGEST SURPRISE:

Dejounte’s volume and efficiency. He took a dip in both and TOs ticked up, so just all around not the greatest season for him. Hoping things change in 2018

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT:

Dejounte. Really hoping +8 Inside reward camp and +5 Inside from anniversary bonus boost his volume and FG%

Otto was my big one. If he can just keep going up a bit in volume he’ll be great

REGRETS:

I overpaid massively for Otto. Got confused while drinking on vacation when I lobbed that one in. But he’s really good and the +20 Pot could make him elite
heimer
General Manager

Post by heimer »

HAWKS TEAM AWARDS

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: KD
Durantula posted 33.5 ppg on 49% shooting. qualitynstock to turnover and plus rebounding. matt said he’s the most underrated player in the league and i couldn’t agree more.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Perk
We haven’t had a 3 block a game guy since Gortat and Perk is better !

MOST IMPROVED: KD
KD put up his best year yet. the net of his improvement isn’t huge but it’s all relative. it’s a bit like golf - getting from a 30 to a 20 handicap is easy. from a 20 to a 10 is pretty hard. but 10 to scratch is another level of hard and don’t get me started on how hard it is to lower your handicap even another stroke or two. KD went from rydercup ian poulter to prime vihay singh - most underrated player ever.

SIXTH MAN: Biedrins
Android came in and made use of his minutes last year. we had such a horrible bench im not sure i can put anyone else here. here’s to a bench next season.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: Tyrekes volume? i guess being next to KD and Russ doesn’t help. maybe i’ll try him off the bench…

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: not disappointed in my guys. maybe in my cap sheet and inability to jump on the final move i need to make.

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: Perk! he’s huge and beefy!

REGRETS: no regerts
Welcome to Atlanta where the playas play
And we ride on dem thangs like ev-ery day
Big beats, hit streets, see gangstahs roamin'
And parties don't stop 'til eight in the Monin
quady
General Manager

Post by quady »

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER:

Rashad McCants. The guy's still got it, what can I say. Going from Dwight to Rashad almost single handedly ruined our chance at a top pick; he scored 27 a game at age 33 on 48% from the field, and hopefully did some mentoring as well.

Not Applicable

MOST IMPROVED:

Not Applicable

SIXTH MAN:

OJ Mayo! 20 a game on 46/41/90 shooting. If he were instead on a $5mm AAV contract, he'd be a real hot commodity.

BIGGEST SURPRISE:

SF Lauri. I probably should have known this would be the case, but sliding down to SF, Lauri's volume exploded, his efficiency increased, and he put together a great end-of-season run that saw us nearly slide midway down the lottery odds. After the first sim where he crushed at SF, I felt like it wasn't really within the spirit of the rules to move him back to PF so we could continue to suck, but that probably would have been the smart thing to do.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT:

Sliding in the lottery. The highest pick I've ever had was second, which was actually a Minnesota pick. I think the highest a Portland selection has ever been is fourth maybe? Really annoying to be fifth in a draft with four clear cut PG-eligible guys, and a need at PG. I briefly had hope that one would slide to me when Weston got 3 and 4, but Nick swooped in instead.

I got a first from Bobby for helping him out of a HC jam, taking on an extra year of Derrick Williams (who I think is maybe actually good?) and then was able to move him to Boston for RP to maintain my cap space, ultimately netting THJ. So all in all, picked up a first and THJ for 300 RP basically.

REGRETS:

I probably should have traded out of 5 and down to 7 before Nick and Wes struck their deal.