The Misfit Pod: Celtics Trade Block and Stuff

Post them sweet podcasts here!
Concepts of a Plan
General Manager
The Misfit Pod: Celtics Trade Block and Stuff

Post by Concepts of a Plan »

First of all, apologies if this doesn’t work or there’s issues. I’ve never uploaded a pod before so here we go…

Joe, Nick, Tong, and I gathered on a rainy Wednesday night to provide content since no one else has! We give Joe a full platform to explain his feelings about nuking the Celtics and why, cover how Nick is tanking for Wemby and what the future of the draft/tanking could be like, and then cover the playoff contenders as this season has rounded into the haves and have nots.

In case anyone wants the TLDR, I think Joe is in love with Nav, or maybe his team? Idk there’s a LOT of Knick love on here.

We have concepts of a plan - Orlando Front Office
Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

Nav is the biggest reason I blew my team up, fuck Nav
I miss Manu
quady
General Manager

Post by quady »

In the nicest way possible, it sounds like Joe is dialing in from another continent
Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

quady wrote: August 29th, 2024, 3:21 pm In the nicest way possible, it sounds like Joe is dialing in from another continent
Yeah idk what happened, gotta go ask the dumbass bar at apple why my airpods are on the fritz
I miss Manu
Concepts of a Plan
General Manager

Post by Concepts of a Plan »

We have concepts of a plan - Orlando Front Office
Wes
General Manager

Post by Wes »

listened for the who dey play for segment, was disappointed
ashes
Site Admin

Post by ashes »

To answer your question:
mantypas/CavsCzar
General Manager

Post by mantypas/CavsCzar »

Got around to listening to this one. I think Joe’s point about the top teams in conferences making fringe teams like my Cavs be patient with trades has really stopped me from exploring the trade market fully, or at least waiting until granger and Jennings are on expirings. I’m not paying someone to take on another year of salary for those guys that are still GOOD players but not worth the full salary they have
FOR THE LAND
Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

mantypas/CavsCzar wrote: September 3rd, 2024, 12:54 pm Got around to listening to this one. I think Joe’s point about the top teams in conferences making fringe teams like my Cavs be patient with trades has really stopped me from exploring the trade market fully, or at least waiting until granger and Jennings are on expirings. I’m not paying someone to take on another year of salary for those guys that are still GOOD players but not worth the full salary they have
Totally hear this - in the Cavs case specifically, I can understand not wanting to trade CLE picks to get off of bad money. And there is also definitely merit to being patient if you think your rookie deal stars are a year away. But I also don't think Jennings was that bad (TOs higher than you'd like but efficient scoring, average rebounding and good positional defense) and picks that belong to teams floating in the middle still have a ton of value to potential sellers, so it's easier to make a compelling offer to a team unloading a superstar and convince them to take on a short non-expiring deal like granger in return.

Or alternatively, just in general, I think a lot of teams (myself included) can do a better job of being opportunistic the way Jesse always is, identifying teams that are in distress and getting players for cheap. Teams in the middle with some salary could take advantage of buying low on expiring or short-term productive guys like Rudy Fernandez or Ryan Anderson when they were going for a single pick or RP from a team blowing it up, and maybe luck into a cheap resigning. But instead, those players sat on the block for ages while everyone but the Kings were too hesitant to risk anything for them even at bargain bin prices. .500ish teams with additions like Rudy or Ryno or Bynum are still heavy underdogs to the Knicks or Magic, Suns or Mavs in the playoffs, but my team of FA scraps and salary filler just took two games off Orlando in the first round because the playoffs are super high variance, so ya never know. Also playoff RP and fun!
I miss Manu
Tyler
The Champ

Post by Tyler »

^speaking of teams in distress, Shaun Livingston is free. Be like Jesse