Honorable Mentions from the 2014 Retiring Class

SLN greats forever enshrined in the Hall of Fame!

Moderators: mantypas/CavsCzar, SoNicks

mantypas/CavsCzar
General Manager
Honorable Mentions from the 2014 Retiring Class

Post by mantypas/CavsCzar »

After analysis and our HOF scoring, we have decided the following were not eligible for a vote

Shawn Marion - https://www.simleaguenirvana.com/history/14 - Supersonics roster
Caron Butler - https://www.simleaguenirvana.com/history/14 - Supersonics Roster
Metta World Peace (formerly Ron Artest) - https://www.simleaguenirvana.com/history/14 - Mavs Roster

All were great, but the SLN HOF is for the top of the top. If anyone wants to question this, please do so in the comments!
FOR THE LAND
Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

Oh wow Marion RIP...I had him as a pretty clear lock for top 50/HOF. Wasn't there a period of like 4-5 seasons where there was an argument he was the most valuable player in the league? pretty much the end of his rookie deal and the first few years of his rookie max? No ring of course, and statisically tailed off in the last few seasons which kinda fucked his career averages but they're still pretty outstanding - 23 and 9 with 2:1 stock to TO as a wing on 46/86/37? He's 13th all time in stock to TO among wings with at least 500 GP, and he was both a better offensive player and rebounder than all 12 of the guys ahead of him except maybe Kris Clack, who was more efficient on much less volume

Maybe it's a split vote because of the ringless thing but I'm surprised to see him not get on the ballot
I miss Manu
jwoo
General Manager

Post by jwoo »

Kinda like real Shawn Marion
"It’s the evilness of the business that I don’t really care about, not the media per se. It’s the ill intent that comes along with it. Searching for headlines, searching for stories, clickbait. That’s the part I don’t like." - DeMarcus Cousins
Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

Blind career resume:

Player 1: .461 .800 .388 10.9rpg 3.9apg 1.7spg 1.6bpg 1.7topg 23.6ppg

Player 2: .457 .856 .366 9.0rpg 1.5apg 1.8spg 0.9bpg 1.4topg 23.1ppg

Player 1 is KG, unanimously HOF and thought to be in the SLN GOAT conversation
Player 2 is Marion, who's a hair less in the rebounding and blocks department but more TO efficient and looks awfully similar across the board...just got no accolades bc he got no assists

Hell, the two of them basically had the same ratings for most of their careers
I miss Manu
Tyler
The Champ

Post by Tyler »

Both players seem worse than Jamario Moon at first glance
Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

I miss Manu
nolan
General Manager

Post by nolan »

outrageous for Marion to not get a vote
nolan
General Manager

Post by nolan »

Caron had a remarkably consistent career
mantypas/CavsCzar
General Manager

Post by mantypas/CavsCzar »

Happy to make a vote for Marion if those feel like he needs it. Based on our (flawed) scoring rubric, he had a lower score than those who have been denied. That being said, if enough people think he's worthy a vote, then I can put out a vote
FOR THE LAND
Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

mantypas/CavsCzar wrote: September 11th, 2024, 10:35 am Happy to make a vote for Marion if those feel like he needs it. Based on our (flawed) scoring rubric, he had a lower score than those who have been denied. That being said, if enough people think he's worthy a vote, then I can put out a vote
He feels like an eye test guy to me, but I seem to be on an island defending him. When I did the top 50, some of the “weird shaped unicorns” weren’t at the top of any all time stat lists (like klack) in any one thing, but their value came from the ability to play them at 3 to 5 different positions and get a unique combination of statistical production (like Marion, who was an A-/B+ scorer, A defender and B+ or A- rebounder with perfect handles and zero passing)
I miss Manu