Draft Profile: Jaylen Brown

Everything for the 2016 Draft here!

Moderators: Tyler, Hoff

ashes
Site Admin
Draft Profile: Jaylen Brown

Post by ashes »

Jaylen Brown

Strengths: Decent inside game. Should get a steal. Decent positional defense. Good strength, athleticism, and quickness.

Weaknesses: Shooting needs work.

Scout's Take: Brown has a good toolset but has some work to be done at the next level. He's a smart kid but can also overthink the game. One scout put it like this: "At least Gerald Green came in with a wet jump shot."

Ratings: Jaylen Brown SF 6'6'' 223 20 B C+ C- B- C A

Stipulations: None.
Merv
General Manager

Post by Merv »

There’s almost certainly going to be a steeper learning curve for Brown than what Stanley Johnson and Justise Winslow—two similarly physical wings, both with better skills and feel at the same stage
Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

Fun fact about Jalen Brown (couple people know this story, but for those who don't it always makes me laugh).

Grant Fineman, the first Warriors GM (RIP) went to Cal and was best friends with one of the guys on the basketball team, so he hung out with the team a bunch, including Jaylen. One time they were all hanging out at Grant's room, and Grant had a DVD of Full Court Miracle on his desk, and Jaylen was like "holy shit, that's my favorite movie, can I borrow it?"

*For those of you that don't know, Full Court Miracle is a Disney Channel Original movie about a basketball team of Orthodox Jewish middle schoolers who are (surprise) some of the worst athletes of all time and need a miracle to help them win a single game (there's a Hannukah theme), so they hire a guy named Lamont Carr to coach them.*

So Grant says yes. And the funniest part is not that this is Jaylen Brown's favorite movie - a few weeks later Grant sees him again and asks for the DVD back, and Jaylen's says "nah, I'm still watching it, let me hang onto it for a bit." And then a few weeks later Grant is again like "can I get my DVD back" and Jaylen's like "Idk what you're talking about man" and Grant was just like uhhh ok. And that was it. So Jaylen Brown stole Grant's copy of a Disney Channel Hannukah movie and denies it to this day
"It's great to see the Celtics doing well again, 'cause that was so much fun in my day to go to the Boston Garden and get spit at, get things thrown at you and talk about your mom. It sounds like dinner at Kenny Smith's house."
Josh
The Champ

Post by Josh »

Joe wrote: June 17th, 2024, 4:22 pm Fun fact about Jalen Brown (couple people know this story, but for those who don't it always makes me laugh).

Grant Fineman, the first Warriors GM (RIP) went to Cal and was best friends with one of the guys on the basketball team, so he hung out with the team a bunch, including Jaylen. One time they were all hanging out at Grant's room, and Grant had a DVD of Full Court Miracle on his desk, and Jaylen was like "holy shit, that's my favorite movie, can I borrow it?"

*For those of you that don't know, Full Court Miracle is a Disney Channel Original movie about a basketball team of Orthodox Jewish middle schoolers who are (surprise) some of the worst athletes of all time and need a miracle to help them win a single game (there's a Hannukah theme), so they hire a guy named Lamont Carr to coach them.*

So Grant says yes. And the funniest part is not that this is Jaylen Brown's favorite movie - a few weeks later Grant sees him again and asks for the DVD back, and Jaylen's says "nah, I'm still watching it, let me hang onto it for a bit." And then a few weeks later Grant is again like "can I get my DVD back" and Jaylen's like "Idk what you're talking about man" and Grant was just like uhhh ok. And that was it. So Jaylen Brown stole Grant's copy of a Disney Channel Hannukah movie and denies it to this day
this explains why he doesn't like jews
Josh
The Champ

Post by Josh »

hilarious story
Derek
Small Council

Post by Derek »

<3
GrundleSauce
General Manager

Post by GrundleSauce »

Stipulation: Jaylen was born and raised irrationally believing he only had one hand, his right. Whenever Jaylen dribbles with his left hand, however seldom that is, one of three things happens:
1. Jaylen turns the ball over to the other team. Do not pass go. Do not collect buckets.
2. Jaylen and his defender play a quick BO3 of rock, paper, scissors. Winner gets a dunk.
3. Jaylen successfully completes his dribble! Does he shoot it, pass it, or dribble again? If Jaylen dribbles again, two dice are rolled. A roll of two or three indicates that Jaylen has decided to dribble again with his left hand, thus beginning the process anew.
Pokemon Master Rahsaan Roland Kirk. Yes.
quady
General Manager

Post by quady »

Part of a really fun and weird one-off Cal team with 4 guys that made it to the NBA
Merv
General Manager

Post by Merv »

You should get ready to learn “The Song” Jaylen