14-15 Team Awards

Post your written content here!
Tyler
General Manager

Post by Tyler »

Suns TEAM AWARDS

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Jeremy Lin? All of our guys were good not great during the regular season but giving it to my guy who won a playoff series for us. Excited to get Linsanity in the regular season!

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Darko!! We traded the actual defensive player of the year for him but I like him! He has flat A defense and has to be near A rebounding with his current splits. The best part is he doesn’t shoot an inefficient 20 points a game like Greg did!

MOST IMPROVED: Shabazz took a nice leap to B B scoring but I did it give him much run. Excited for his TC!

SIXTH MAN: Gordon Hayward! He thrives in the 1-3 sub role. Gotta be one of the better sixth men in the league

BIGGEST SURPRISE:
Trading futures for Conley and Oden and then trading Conley and Oden because Ashes put a piece of candy in front of me and Mama Didn’t Raise No Bitch. Also that 19 year old Joker was an efficient starting center out of the box

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: losing the spurs in 7. We took the Champs to the brink and I think we legit could’ve won the title if we found a way to pull that one off. Suns franchise is 0/5 in game 7s

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: made a shit ton of these. I think my favorite acquisition was Hayward. He’s rock solid and hyper efficient. I’ve wanted Lin since the day his draft profile was released so I’m really excited about him too

REGRETS: none! Had the most fun season in a long time and think that’s directly correlated to my activity!
Jordo
The Champ

Post by Jordo »

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Tony Parker. The man is still arguably the best PG in the league and possibly the best PG now in league history after leading another team to his third SLN title. If I could squeeze another year or two with him playing at this level I will be extremely happy.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: DeAndre Jordan. 4:1 stock to TO, held Jokic just enough in the playoffs to squeak by the Suns and shut down Bosh in the finals. Honorable mention to a trade add-in Travis Outlaw who had a 7.5:1 stock to TO playing 20ish minutes in 50+ games!

MOST IMPROVED: Kevin Love. First Spur to ever be named first team all SLN

SIXTH MAN: Danny Granger. Mid season addition is a starter on most teams but was a perfect fit off the bench for us. Flat A defense and his offense was a massive upgrade over Moon despite having a down shooting year.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: Kawhi's shooting %. He shot really well in the playoffs so hoping for a regression this season.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: None

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: Tony Parker

REGRETS:Zero
Yee-to-the-Haw
scoops
General Manager

Post by scoops »

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Wade / Klay / Lillard three-way. Wade came in and moved us forward. Klay was elite and Dame took a nice step.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Bogut. 4 stocks. He's a dude. Plz re-sign

MOST IMPROVED: Dame. Took massive steps. Turnovers down, volume up (but needs to go up more)

SIXTH MAN: Tim Duncan. Helluva year from the old man. Double digit boards and nice stocks.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: Duncan - massive from him and was better Than Sampson which gave us the aiblity to trade for Gortat

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Sampson probably. Hence the trade for Gortat. Dame volume could use a tick more of a jump but hard to be mad at his progress.

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: Gortat and/or Wade. Beal is nice but we had to make some plays with the Dame/Klay cap hits. Gortat was worth it for the ECF run.

REGRETS: Probably wish I'd camped Dame a little different. Should've spent a tick more time on his perimeter D and inside. Otherwise happy with where the squad is at.
Hoff
General Manager

Post by Hoff »

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Jrue Holiday. 1st team all-defense and a really efficient scorer with positive stock:to. Can't get much better than that. Still only 24 too.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Jrue Holiday. See above. 1st team all-defense.

MOST IMPROVED: I don't think anyone really improved. Everyone mostly held the line.

SIXTH MAN: Derrick Williams. I still hold out hope that he is good under the hood. He has been a contributor, resigned for cheap, and can have a bigger role this season. Good defender and rebounder.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: Metta retiring was really surprising after offering to resign. It really caught me off guard and now I have to play catch up. Kinda feels like when Kittles retired prematurely on a smaller scale.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: So many AK47 injuries really hurt us during the regular season. Hoping for a healthy next season.

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: Trading for MKG at the end of the season. Added a very nice young prospect that fits the timeline well. Stock god and only 21.

REGRETS: Being too patient. At some point, I need to go for it, and maybe last season was the chance to do it. Always got this season though!
heimer
General Manager

Post by heimer »

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Igoudala. Give me an A defensive wing who shoots in efficiently on decent volume - 47% shooting scoring 18 a pop. This guy does his job and did it well specifically last season.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: it’s gotta be Joakim - my Glue Guy extraordinaire. his bony butt and lack for shooting made him a fan favorite. This man knows his job and uses his elbows most effectively.

MOST IMPROVED: Tyreke Evans. His scoring broke out while I was starting him at the 2. Hoping to see more improvement out of this fella and a potential switch to the 3.

SIXTH MAN: Brad Beal. Super sloppy turnover wise but shot the piss out of it. I’ll attribute some of them turnovers to him playing the backup 1 a lot of the season. Beal will get the starting role off the backs off a nice campaign and one last camp. Hoping to see this name as my MVP next season and not as biggest disappointment.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: The grit of these Hawks to stay in there post Crawford trade. I effectively thought the season was over and we had no shot at the playoffs but we started winning a bunch and made a real look at the 8 seed - missing out by a single game.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: That i had zero time to write any articles. Busy is good but i miss the thrill of the SLN Pill.

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: Brad Beal. I think he could either be really good or too sloppy to play the role necessary of stardom.

REGRETS: No ragerts!
Welcome to Atlanta where the playas play
And we ride on dem thangs like ev-ery day
Big beats, hit streets, see gangstahs roamin'
And parties don't stop 'til eight in the Monin
Derek
Small Council

Post by Derek »

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Kevin Durant. 29-10 on 49/45/85 shooting with 3.2 stocks !

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: LaMarcus Alridge. 12 boards / 2.8 stocks.

MOST IMPROVED: Jeff Green. Was a reliable backup all year with strong true shooting and stock:TO. Happy to have him back in Milwaukee (for now)!

SIXTH MAN: Jason Richardson. Hate to lose JRich but I couldn't afford him. A+ Outside sure is nice.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: Joel Przybilla. At his advanced age the Vanilla Gorilla averaged 3 blocks / 12 boards per 36.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Rolling into the playoffs with injuries to KD, JRich, and Przybilla.

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: Jamal Crawford. He is a very fun player!

REGRETS: Being a jerk about the frenzy.
rbrown5192
General Manager

Post by rbrown5192 »

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: the Pistons MVP and league MVP - Kyrie. he carried this team and lit the league on fire. thank the Mayan gods he's back

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: KG - board better and hugely valuable stocks. Wish he didn’t retire.

MOST IMPROVED: JR Smith played super well. He got buckets and wasn’t useless on defense. Hoping he can play well starting at the 2 this year, although may swap in Ariza for a little more defense to the detriment of scoring volume.

SIXTH MAN: JR again here. Playing behind Kobe in the backup SG role he showed well, scoring efficiently and in volume off the bench. Would love to see his turnovers come down a bit but might be wishful thinking.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: I thought we’d be better and win more games - see disappointment below

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: I forget the exact record but we were something like 1-7 in one score games, so even 1 or 2 of those flipped into wins would have put us into the playoffs. brutal

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: Humphries is a solid big that I have locked in for multiple years now. I definitively got worse from the prior season where we made it to game 7 of the finals, but got some guys on longer term deals that make us better heading into this upcoming season and beyond (or at least I hope…)

REGRETS: I probably should have just run it back with the team that went to the finals…
Kipke
Small Council

Post by Kipke »

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Carmelo Anthony
Shoutout to monta as well here--this was my first time with 2 first team all league players on the squad that I can remember. Tbh Steph deserves honorable mention as well I think he's in all league territory as well if he doesn't get injured. Ultimately Melo is our rock. the guys who can average mid 30s per game are just on a different level. Sure Steph and monta are good for 35+ on any given night, but it's just wild having a player who puts up 50 with 2 TO and you don't blink twice. Not to mention he also can board well. melo is the engine. He's our MVP.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Ian Mahinmi
Mahinmi sneakily has turned into a steals lord on top of his elite glass cleaning abilities. Shoutout to Perk who is now north of the border now but also gets strong consideration here. Ultimately I think of Mahinmi as a humbler version of Perk both on the offensive and defensive end, and I admire that in a big lad

MOST IMPROVED: Monta Ellis
Monta's sparkly new C+ rebounding (I'm convinced it was strength aided!) translated to the best statistical season of his career per 36. We moved him around in our DC a bit but I think he is probably best suited at SG long term rather than a bully super duper sub

SIXTH MAN: Thabo
Shoutout to Jon Bender who fucking rocks and also gets consideration here, but I have to tip the cap to Thabo who I felt was a really nice replacement for the departed 6MOY Tony Allen. Perfectly complementary skill set to our big 3.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: winning so many games in an insane Midwest division
I thought we were good, but I didn't think anybody would get to 60 wins in the Midwest. Still can't believe we had 5 (!!) 50-win teams in a single division. LFG Midwest

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Linsanity in playoffs
Not much more to be said here. Combine it with my biggest surprise and the fact that we had 2 first team all league guys and it was definitely a bummer

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: Tie--Thabo purchase & Perk flip
I don't think we're nearly the same team (esp against other contending teams) without Thabo, who we got for RP. That was a big value add. And I also liked our deal to get under the HC and bolster long term depth by turning Perk into Dedmon, Ibaka, and Ingles, all of whom had nice TCs. Could Ibaka become Jokic kryptonite???

REGRETS: not paying closer attention to suns and being locked into the 1/8 seed with several sims remaining
Could I have avoided Linsanity if I'd sat my big 3 faster??