14-15 Offseason Questionnaire

Post your written content here!
mantypas/CavsCzar
General Manager

Post by mantypas/CavsCzar »

014-15 Offseason Questionnaire

1. Draft thoughts? Sleepers, busts, your draft, other drafts, whatever.
I was high on DLo as a potential long term scoring PG when PGs are tougher and tougher to find, so I had to snag him. I was also really high on Stanley Johnson, and would've used my 14th pick on him to send him to the NDL. My guy Merv did it for me lol. Really fun draft, will be interesting to see if either Winslow or RHJ work out and how so. Was also pumped to get Pat Connaughton, a guy that's had a super solid real role in the NBA, fall to me in the second. Should be a great NDL stash

2. How do you feel about your offseason, and what are your goals for this coming season?
I'd like to be competitive but really all depends on FA and the TCs. Bummed to swing out on Kyrie, but plenty of good FAs out there. Would also love to retain my guys on not crazy contracts. Tons of good big butts available, going to be interested to see how they get dispersed

3. Thoughts on TC? What improvements do you want to see from your team?
Would love to see Nerlens improve as a rebounder or get to an A+ defender. Would love to see Lavine;s outside game improve, or get to a B- defender. Would love to see a pop out of my three A pot guys (Barnes, Nerlens, and DLo). Would also appreciate if Jae Crowder brought his outside game back u to an A- where it was a year prior

4. Who wins each division and why?

Atlantic: Boston - I feel like Joe is going to take a big swing
Central: Bucks - KD - the team hasnt really changed
Midwest: Nuggets - that three headed monster is crazy
Pacific: Trailblazers - loved the day 1 of FA they had. Lot of continuity with some good glue guys

5. What non-superstar player from this year's NBA playoffs are you most excited to see in SLN?
Derrick White seems like a perfect SG that could play PG with good defense, and manageable enough offense that he'd be an X factor

6. Come up with a question for next year's Offseason Questionnaire.
Who is the worst player in the SLN that gets minutes on a good team

7. Who is the best utility / Swiss-army-knife player in the league?
Gerald Wallace or still AK47.

8. We've had a lot of first time champs in the last 5 years. Who do you want to see get their first ring next?
Selfishly, would love to see myself get one lol. But also my DC boys, DMO with Lebron, Wes with CP3, or Clint with Tobias and a big Xfactor he pulls out of the hat

9. Thoughts on your real life sports team(s).
Wiz get the second overall pick. Hope we get that Sarr kid who fills a major hole for us as a defensive minded center. Redskins are still ways away from getting started. Nova retained their best player from last year and got a couple of key transfers so not looking tooooo murky

10. Movies, TV, books, games, whatever recommendations.
I'm about to be finished with Last of Us Part 2. Story isnt as great, but the gameplay is unbelievable. I need a book recommendation im about to go to Greece for a couple of weeks and am almost finished with Angels and Demons. Will read thru this to see if anyone has something for me. Shogun is pretty awesome. Hacks on Max is super funny too

Bonus: add a pic/gif of how you feel about your season
I dont do spacing, formatting, memes, or pics
Nav
Small Council

Post by Nav »

I was pumped to stay in the top 4 and land Myles Turner. Hoping he can pair with Embiid to form a fearsome frontcourt for a long time. Otherwise, I was excited to land Norman Powell - those high-powered wing scorers are usually among the most valuable commodities in sim leagues, so happy he fell to 9. Mudiay was a fun flier but we'll see if he ends up doing anything. Very intrigued to see how the rest of the top 4 pans out - I think KAT, Booker, and KP will all be stars for a long time. I also think Winslow could be a beast if camped / used correctly

2. How do you feel about your offseason, and what are your goals for this coming season?
Happy with the offseason. Think we had a great draft, but didn't hit most of our FA bids unfortunately. We'll see how Days 4-5 shake out. Goal for this season is pending the Embiid stip. If he's healthy, maybe we'll get frisky. If not, then we'll prob rebuild for another season

Want to see improvements from all the young fellas. Last TC was the best TC I've ever had in any league, with +5s from Embiid, Burke, Galloway and a +3 from Dipo. If those guys can keep getting better on both ends and Turner + Powell have solid camps, I'll be thrilled. That said, I'm sure this TC won't be as glorious as last year's so not getting too hype yet

Atlantic: Sixers - Bron
Central: Pacers - Bosh/DWill
Midwest: Nuggets - Steph/Melo/Monta
Pacific: Suns - Jokic

5. What non-superstar player from this year's NBA playoffs are you most excited to see in SLN?
Chet Holmgren - he's not a superstar (yet) but I think his game could translate really well to SLN

What stips would you come up with for the Zion / Ja draft? Both of those guys have had up-and-down careers so far (for different reasons), so there's room for creativity with this one

Kris Clack

8. We've had a lot of first time champs in the last 5 years. Who do you want to see get their first ring next?
Merv - it's been fun to see the long-downtrodden Orlando franchise turn things around with him at the reins

Super fun Knicks playoff run. Hope we can build on it with a strong offseason and re-sign Hartenstein
Giants are probably going to have another rough year but I'm excited to see what Nabers can do

Been pretty deep in Black Mirror lately (I know, I'm late to the game) - some of those episodes are completely insane...Charlie Brooker is a madman
scoops
General Manager

Post by scoops »

My main thoughts are I should've traded back in for Cauley-Stein. Sneaky good big butt.

Love that we kept Bogut. Klay offering to re-sign helped.

Would love a jump from Dame on handles and inside. Hang on D Wade.

Atlantic: Heat - Dame taking the next step. Bogut back, we'll get another good big either on last day of FA or through trade.
Central: Pacers - still like Tonger's team
Midwest: Nugz - Kip is still the best team in a stacked division.
Pacific: Suns - Joker is for real. Kwame a great addition.

5. What non-superstar player from this year's NBA playoffs are you most excited to see in SLN?'
MPJ - great SLN style guy with length. Could get some ROGUE stip from ashes for being a douche/weirdo too.. MIZ.

If you could re-do one players TC from your org who would it be, why, and how would you have camped them in hindsight.

TONY ALLEN. Jk - probably Gerald Wallace if we're being honest. He's a dude.

KIPPPPPP and the Nugz. They're due.

Pumped for Mizzou football and Arsenal next season. That's about it.

Watching "Eric" rn with lord cumberbatch. Pretty solid.

heimer
General Manager

Post by heimer »

2014-15 Offseason Questionnaire

KAT, KP, DB and Myles all are fun prospects. After seems to have dropped off significantly although would be happy to take a couple stabs in what seemed ripe of quality depth pieces.

Really depends on JV's future TC's. I saw enough late in the last season to give him a hefty deal. Resigning Noah, JV and Iggy were the main goals after Biyombo resigned super cheap. I want to bring a similar team back and bank on improvements. Beal should take a step forward. i've been praying for JV to pop so lets see what the Sim God decides. theres a nice donation waiting if he gets to B+/B+/A-

I want to see Beal get to A+. JV to show steady improvement. Iggy to stay put for the most part. Russ to improve his outside game. Biyombo to A+ def. A man can dream.

Atlantic: Celtics. More of the same youth getting better and maybe makes a move to improve at PG - if that exists.
Central: Bucks. This team is really good. Might win the East. They certainly couldn't finish lower than the Hawks.
Midwest: Nuggets. Another team that doesn't need an explanation. Probably wins the West.
Pacific: Suns. New Twin Towers in Phoenix. Not many teams with two powerhouse Def/Reb. Them and the Jazz are in a small group.

Derrick White. Could be the best player of all time. You will see me attempting to trade everything for this guy.

Create a future player profile with savant-like characteristics. what is his super power? must suck at everything else.

Kris Clack

Tonger was on fire. Would be cool to see a newer guy grab one.

And Congrats to JORDO!!!

My strategy has worked thus far... Say it they suck and it wont happen and watch them win games. Celtics probably lose the next two games. RIP KP.

this guy who used to train me wrote a book "Dont be a pussy, dont be a dick." and man if those aren't words to live by.

Welcome to Atlanta where the playas play
And we ride on dem thangs like ev-ery day
Big beats, hit streets, see gangstahs roamin'
And parties don't stop 'til eight in the Monin
rbrown5192
General Manager

Post by rbrown5192 »

I’m a real life Pacers fan so I’m looking forward to watching Myles Turner develop

Largely the same team (Kyrie thank you again for coming back) but flipped Kobe into Eddie G to get better on defense and hoping that JR / Ariza can be good enough to fill the Kobe void.

Really nice TC - generally everyone got better or didn’t get worse. Draymond is the big wild card for me - I’m hoping to see some major improvement from him this season to decide what to do with him long term.

Atlantic: 6ers. Bron.
Central: Pistons. I think we got better and it’s a 3 way race between us, Bucks, and Pacers
Midwest: Spurs. They’re back to defend their title.
Pacific: Suns. Jokic

Derrick White? Awesome 3&D man

Outside of Kyrie going back to back as league MVP and scoring 40 a game, what explains the Pistons success in winning the title? Will they repeat? Why or why not?

AK47 - all around beast

Pistons, baby. Kyrie needs a ring

Cubs suck :(

I was moving the last couple weeks so didn’t even have a TV set up for a while and have been busy with work and unpacking so haven’t done much besides watch the Finals
Kipke
Small Council

Post by Kipke »

Loved the Justise Winslow pick and trade in top 10. I think he has a super high floor and intriguing ceiling. Also loved looney at 17 and richuan Holmes sniper by heimer in R2

Feel very solid about the offseason. We came in slightly hard capped and ended up re structuring our cap sheet and front court via a trade with the Raps. I think Dedmon is a very exciting infusion of youth into an again roster (esp frontcourt--RIP Fab GOATberto)

We were hoping to see the vets hold the line and for Dedmon to improve and dead gummit if that's not exactly how that shit went down! Very excited to see how we sim. I was worried we might give up too much rebounding losing perk and adding Ibaka but Dedmon getting up to A- is grande.

Atlantic: I'll take the Celtics. I think Joe has a move or two in him, and he suffered massively from Okafor injury last year
Central: Gotta be the Bucks. The class of the East. No reason to think they step back. Pacers will be right there.
Midwest: GIMME DA NUGGETS. I like us in our window but I think anyone in the big 5 is easily in striking distance and It wouldn't surprise me if I finished 5th myself!
Pacific: I love the suns. Dawn of the joker. Also think Kings are always lethal when Jesse is buying win now pieces like AK47

I am embarrassed to say I don't follow the nba playoffs that closely..... Cameron Brink?

Who is the most overrated player (specifically by that player's GM) in the league right now

Man what a question... I love K Love. I think Gerald Wallace fits here too. Tony Allen. Obviously Clack daddy. Renaldo Balkman too but he's becoming an old head well past his prime.

8. We've had a lot of first time champs in the last 5 years. Who do you want to see get their first ring next? T Pain in the sun valley! the GMOY lord deserves a ring

The chiefs are a delight. Rees Lightning continues to captivate me. Curious to see how the rashee rice suspension shakes out...

The jinx season 2 on hbo was excellent. That guy jarecki has enormous balls