Draft Notes

Everything for the 2016 Draft here!

Moderators: Tyler, Hoff

ashes
Site Admin
Draft Notes

Post by ashes »

Centers

Ivica Zubac - Solid inside and jump shot. Decent blocks and positional defense. Good rebounder. Solid strength. Handles need work.

Thon Maker - Some inside scoring ability. Pretty good decision-making. Might get a block and a steal. Decent post defender. Slightly above-average rebounding. Good strength. Good upside.

Georgios Papagiannis - Decent inside. Good jump shot. Rebounding is decent. Handles are iffy. Defense isn't good.

Damian Jones - Should block a shot. Good post defender. Good offensive rebounding. Good strength.

Power Forwards

Pascal Siakam - Decent post moves. Decent jump shot with developing range. Solid vision for his position. Should get a steal. Passable positional defense and rebounding. Decision-making needs a bit of work. Good quickness and strength. Good upside. Cannot go to the NDL.

Skal Labissiere - Decent scoring ability. Some range. Should get a block. Decent post defense and rebounding. Good strength.

Taurean Prince - Good inside and jump shot with a decent 3P shot. Might get a steal but not much defense outside of that. Subpar rebounding. Definitely more of a SF but might lack the quickness needed there. Decent strength.

Dorian Finney-Smith - Decent finishing, but offense is relatively raw overall. Takes care of the ball. Should get a steal. Decent defender all-around. Good quickness and strength.

Juancho Hernangomez - Some scoring inside and out. Takes care of the ball. Might get a steal. Decent post defense. Solid rebounding.

Small Forwards

Danuel House Jr. - Decent scoring. Good jump shot with decent range. Good handles. Might get a steal. Defense isn't anything special. Decent strength and quickness.

Derrick Jones Jr. - Offense is pretty lacking. Good stock potential. Good perimeter defense. Decent handles, quickness, and strength.

DeAndre' Bembry - Offense is bad. Good steals. Good strength. Handles are iffy.

David Nwaba - Good finisher. Takes care of the ball. Might get a steal. Good rebounder for his position. Good quickness. Decent strength. Good athleticism.

Shooting Guards

Dejounte Murray - Does a little bit of everything. Good jump shot with decent range. Decent handles with good vision. Good steals. Decent positional defense. Good rebounding. Very good quickness. Needs to hit the weights. Good upside. Can play PG.

Caris LeVert - Decent inside. Range needs a bit of work. Handles are iffy. Good vision. Good steals and quickness. Good upside.

Denzel Valentine - Solid inside and jump shot. Range is decent. Solid steals and perimeter defense. Good rebounding for his position. Good strength.

Bryn Forbes - Very good jump shot with good range. Good strength and decent quickness.

Malik Beasley - Good outside. Good handles. Might get a steal. Rebounding is lacking. Pretty good quickness.

Point Guards

Fred VanVleet - Very good jump shot. Pretty good range. Good handles and vision. Good steals with decent perimeter defense. Below average rebounding. Should be a good game manager, but his offense probably won't get to the next level to be in the upper echelon of PGs.

Alex Caruso - Good jump shot. Decent range. Good handles. Decent quickness. Very good steals and perimeter defense. Rebounding isn't good.

Gary Payton II - The mitten.

Tyler Ulis - Good jump shot. Excellent quickness. Decent vision. Handles need work. Decent steals.

Malcolm Brogdon - Good inside, jump shot, and range. Decent vision and quickness. Good handles. Good positional defense. Good rebounding for his position. Good strength. Cannot go to the NDL.
Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

Very few “can’t go to the NDL” fellas
"It's great to see the Celtics doing well again, 'cause that was so much fun in my day to go to the Boston Garden and get spit at, get things thrown at you and talk about your mom. It sounds like dinner at Kenny Smith's house."
Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

I honestly thought Thon maker was gonna be the next Kevin Durant after seeing his hoopmixtape
"It's great to see the Celtics doing well again, 'cause that was so much fun in my day to go to the Boston Garden and get spit at, get things thrown at you and talk about your mom. It sounds like dinner at Kenny Smith's house."
Matt
Small Council

Post by Matt »

I played against Giorgios Papagiannis during his gap year. I can say from experience he was better than “decent” at inside scoring against me lol
Nav
Small Council

Post by Nav »

this is a fun draft class
Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

Nav wrote: July 1st, 2024, 10:33 am this is a fun draft class
Lots of draft profiles for guys that didn't pan out, lots of regular draft notes for guys that did. This big board is impossible to make, I'm pretty glad I don't have to pick in this one

but now that I'm saying that I kinda want to trade into the mid-teens