In favor of the odds changing beginning with the 2022 draft
46%
In favor of no changes
No votes

Total votes: 24

heimer
General Manager

Post by heimer »

i’d argue it’s more about principle than practice here. if we change a rule in the future that impacts current GM plans / previous GM activity do we want said change to go into effect sooner or later ? sooner impacts GMs who have planned according to current rules. (why would rules suddenly change anyways). later impacts the rest of the league if said change is fixed a current problem (just rip the bandaid off let’s get this thing fixed already). the rules will go into effect only a season later. why restrict ourselves in the future to a 2 season gap versus 3 ? why hurt a GM who was planning based on the current set of rules ? don’t hate the player, hate the game! the game will change but i don’t see the urgency. the rules will be changed for wemby isn’t that all that matters ?
Welcome to Atlanta where the playas play
And we ride on dem thangs like ev-ery day
Big beats, hit streets, see gangstahs roamin'
And parties don't stop 'til eight in the Monin
Josh
General Manager

Post by Josh »

our wives/girlfriends

heimer
General Manager

Post by heimer »

that said let’s stop being egregious tankers. there are and have been GMs putting less than their best dc forward and it’s no bueno. just trade them. progressive penalties for tanking violations could help solve this issue. or sign me up for tank police and i’ll absolutely skewer those that are diddling their DCs
Welcome to Atlanta where the playas play
And we ride on dem thangs like ev-ery day
Big beats, hit streets, see gangstahs roamin'
And parties don't stop 'til eight in the Monin
Matt
Small Council

Post by Matt »

heimer wrote: September 26th, 2024, 9:56 am i’d argue it’s more about principle than practice here. if we change a rule in the future that impacts current GM plans / previous GM activity do we want said change to go into effect sooner or later ? sooner impacts GMs who have planned according to current rules. (why would rules suddenly change anyways). later impacts the rest of the league if said change is fixed a current problem (just rip the bandaid off let’s get this thing fixed already). the rules will go into effect only a season later. why restrict ourselves in the future to a 2 season gap versus 3 ? why hurt a GM who was planning based on the current set of rules ? don’t hate the player, hate the game! the game will change but i don’t see the urgency. the rules will be changed for wemby isn’t that all that matters ?
mantypas/CavsCzar
General Manager

Post by mantypas/CavsCzar »

heimer wrote: September 26th, 2024, 10:03 am diddling their DCs
Who let Diddy in the SLN?
FOR THE LAND
Tyler
The Champ

Post by Tyler »

mantypas/CavsCzar wrote: September 26th, 2024, 10:21 am
heimer wrote: September 26th, 2024, 10:03 am diddling their DCs
Who let Diddy in the SLN?
Feel free to drop “EMBRACE DEBATE” anytime now Mantypas
LeBronto
General Manager

Post by LeBronto »

Well then!

I am intentionally staying out of the discussion here as the presenter of the rule change - I am neutral and OK with whatever the group wants and decides as far as timeline - but the good news is that we have hit 21 votes in favor of the system itself, so we have a supermajority.

@pacers how do you want to hold the actual runoff vote?
Tyler
The Champ

Post by Tyler »

jwoo wrote: September 26th, 2024, 10:28 am Well then!

I am intentionally staying out of the discussion here as the presenter of the rule change - I am neutral and OK with whatever the group wants and decides as far as timeline - but the good news is that we have hit 21 votes in favor of the system itself, so we have a supermajority.

@pacers how do you want to hold the actual runoff vote?
I propose a sack race on neutral turf between Merv and Joe held on consecutive Sundays until a winner is determined. Matt and Sonick will be the official judges. There will be two possible scores, A+ and B-
Hoff
General Manager

Post by Hoff »

This should've been an in-person debate at the previously proposed SLN annual meetings
quady
General Manager

Post by quady »

just want to say for the record, the wheel would fix all of this