Raptors select Aron Baynes in our quest to unite Australia's holy trinity
Derek
Small Council

Post by Derek »

Bucks rescind 2nd rounder
Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

Can someone explain to me how I was projected 3rd overall pre-lotto (despite being listed lower than the nets in team standings) but my pick in the second round is 2nd overall? And the nets are 3rd?

@ashes is this a weird FBB thing or do I just not know something about how draft orders actually work
"It's great to see the Celtics doing well again, 'cause that was so much fun in my day to go to the Boston Garden and get spit at, get things thrown at you and talk about your mom. It sounds like dinner at Kenny Smith's house."
jwoo
General Manager

Post by jwoo »

Joe wrote: February 12th, 2024, 1:28 pm Can someone explain to me how I was projected 3rd overall pre-lotto (despite being listed lower than the nets in team standings) but my pick in the second round is 2nd overall? And the nets are 3rd?

@ashes is this a weird FBB thing or do I just not know something about how draft orders actually work
the way draft tiebreakers work is that the second round goes opposite order of how the ties go in the first round

so since you picked one spot after him in the first round you go one spot before him in the second round regardless of where the picks jump

this is how it is IRL as well
Last edited by jwoo on February 12th, 2024, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ashes
Site Admin

Post by ashes »

Joe wrote: February 12th, 2024, 1:28 pm Can someone explain to me how I was projected 3rd overall pre-lotto (despite being listed lower than the nets in team standings) but my pick in the second round is 2nd overall? And the nets are 3rd?

Were you tied?

If so, losing the tiebreaker means getting the higher 2nd

At least I’m almost certain that’s the case
Merv
General Manager

Post by Merv »

Cory Joseph! Come on down to Orlando, we’re sorry for hating on the pod
mantypas/CavsCzar
General Manager

Post by mantypas/CavsCzar »

Cavs select former draft day legend , the air wolf himself, Jan Vesely
Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

jwoo wrote: February 12th, 2024, 1:30 pm

the way draft tiebreakers work is that the second round goes opposite order of how the ties go in the first round

so since you picked one spot after him in the first round you go one spot before him in the second round regardless of where the picks jump

this is how it is IRL as well
Ya learn somethin new every day
"It's great to see the Celtics doing well again, 'cause that was so much fun in my day to go to the Boston Garden and get spit at, get things thrown at you and talk about your mom. It sounds like dinner at Kenny Smith's house."