14-15 Offseason Questionnaire

Post your written content here!
Joe
Small Council
14-15 Offseason Questionnaire

Post by Joe »

TL; DR: More free RP for a quick post! Prob wait til after FA to fill it out.

In addition to Team Awards, GMs can earn a quick and dirty 125RP by replying in this thread and filling out the below questionnaire - not required, but why not? Copy down the questions in a reply post and fill 'em out. Can be serious, can be funny, whatever you want. If you want to wait 'til after FA to fill this out, it's up to you! Just get it done by the tip of the 15-16 season.

DO NOT claim your RP in the RP thread - we will calculate it separately before the season turns over and if you posted you will receive credit.

2014-15 Offseason Questionnaire

1. Draft thoughts? Sleepers, busts, your draft, other drafts, whatever.

2. How do you feel about your offseason, and what are your goals for this coming season?

3. Thoughts on TC? What improvements do you want to see from your team?

4. Who wins each division and why?

Atlantic:
Central:
Midwest:
Pacific:

5. What non-superstar player from this year's NBA playoffs are you most excited to see in SLN?

6. Come up with a question for next year's Offseason Questionnaire.

7. Who is the best utility / Swiss-army-knife player in the league?

8. We've had a lot of first time champs in the last 5 years. Who do you want to see get their first ring next?

9. Thoughts on your real life sports team(s).

10. Movies, TV, books, games, whatever recommendations.

Bonus: add a pic/gif of how you feel about your season
"It's great to see the Celtics doing well again, 'cause that was so much fun in my day to go to the Boston Garden and get spit at, get things thrown at you and talk about your mom. It sounds like dinner at Kenny Smith's house."
Merv
General Manager

Post by Merv »

Oh boy what a draft in Orlando. I wanted to be top 4, can’t go wrong with any of those guys. Ashes immediately questioned why I picked Booker over Porzingis so that was fun. Javonte Green had an awesome pod description with no notes. He’s my big sleeper. Stan Johnson has super sexy notes and had a nice private workout in Orlando. Hopefully TCJesus takes the wheel and helps him develop as a shooter. Tyus was a nice surprise, I really wanted Larry Nance and obliterated 3-4 peoples texts about him.

2. How do you feel about your offseason, and what are your goals for this coming season?

Love my draft. Hope to snipe Kyrie for the good guys or get some S/T guys. Our goals are to suck and monitor development of the young guns

Oh Blessed TCJesus hallowed by thy name, please shower love upon Julius Randle, Marcus Smart, Tyus Jones, Devin Booker, and Stanley Johnson. Randle taking a jump in outside, Smart in handles, Tyus anywhere, Booker in outside, and Stan in outside would be ideal.

Atlantic: Boston. I think Joe finally trades some picks to get ahead of LeBron
Central: Pacers unless Eddie walks, then Bucks
Midwest: Spurs. The champs are here
Pacific: Suns. The Joker is here

5. What non-superstar player from this year's NBA playoffs are you most excited to see in SLN?

Derrick White. Looks like he’ll have nice handles and is roughly around 1 block per game 👀

What’s the best trade you didn’t make in SLN? And who is the player you coveted but couldn’t get (superstars excluded)

Gerald Wallace is sneakily really really good

8. We've had a lot of first time champs in the last 5 years. Who do you want to see get their first ring next?

Petersun

Transfer season fellas, spend some money Levy

Kipke made WWI sound fun. Maybe I’ll dive into that lol. Somehow got sucked into West Wing again as background TV. The Bear and HotD are about to be back. So watch those

Hoff
General Manager

Post by Hoff »

I love Kristaps in this draft and even would've have drafted him first. The top 4 in this draft is in a tier of its own. I think Willy Cauley-Stein had good notes along with RHJ and Stanley Johnson.

Very sad Metta decided to retire and hurt my cap and tradeable salary situation. I do, however, like my trade with the Kings to acquire CJ Miles. Hopefully, he can be the high volume, efficient scorer we need. I want to make a big trade this offseason with the salary I have and all my picks available to add to my core.

Would love to see Jrue get a shooting camp. Clarkson improving after showing A potential would be nice. Additionally, hopefully Hassan and MKG have some potential left in the tank to take more steps forward. Finally, I'm praying AK holds the line entering his 15th season.

Atlantic: Heat. Another TC for Dame should be the catalyst.
Central: Pacers. Tonger should be able to build another well-rounded team around a 5th year rookie contract Jimmy Butler.
Midwest: Mavericks. Hopefully, we have the TCs we need and have another trade geared up.
Pacific: Suns. Phoenix showed what they have and now it's full steam ahead.

Is Evan Mobley considered a star? He may be a mini-wemby in SLN. Exceptional defender who can handle the ball and score.

If you went back in time, what would you tell your 1995-96 SLN GM version of yourself? Tips, tricks, regrets, etc.

Paul Pierce. He's excelled in a supersub role mostly his entire career. We've had a few really good ones -- Moon...

Tonger, Tyler, and myself (not sure I can put myself!)

Malik Nabers looks like the real deal. I am very excited for the Giants season. Seems like there is a new found energy.

The Boys season 4 comes out this week. HOTD comes out Sunday. Excited for both.

tonger
General Manager

Post by tonger »

Merv wrote: June 9th, 2024, 10:24 pm 1. Draft thoughts? Sleepers, busts, your draft, other drafts, whatever.

Oh boy what a draft in Orlando. I wanted to be top 4, can’t go wrong with any of those guys. Ashes immediately questioned why I picked Booker over Porzingis so that was fun. Javonte Green had an awesome pod description with no notes. He’s my big sleeper. Stan Johnson has super sexy notes and had a nice private workout in Orlando. Hopefully TCJesus takes the wheel and helps him develop as a shooter. Tyus was a nice surprise, I really wanted Larry Nance and obliterated 3-4 peoples texts about him.

Love my draft. Hope to snipe Kyrie for the good guys or get some S/T guys. Our goals are to suck and monitor development of the young guns

Oh Blessed TCJesus hallowed by thy name, please shower love upon Julius Randle, Marcus Smart, Tyus Jones, Devin Booker, and Stanley Johnson. Randle taking a jump in outside, Smart in handles, Tyus anywhere, Booker in outside, and Stan in outside would be ideal.

Atlantic: Boston. I think Joe finally trades some picks to get ahead of LeBron
Central: Pacers unless Eddie walks, then Bucks
Midwest: Spurs. The champs are here
Pacific: Suns. The Joker is here

Derrick White. Looks like he’ll have nice handles and is roughly around 1 block per game 👀

What’s the best trade you didn’t make in SLN? And who is the player you coveted but couldn’t get (superstars excluded)

Gerald Wallace is sneakily really really good

Petersun

Transfer season fellas, spend some money Levy

Kipke made WWI sound fun. Maybe I’ll dive into that lol. Somehow got sucked into West Wing again as background TV. The Bear and HotD are about to be back. So watch those

WW1 - Guns of August is killer. Or for another war, Battle Cry of Freedom is one of the best books I've ever read, or Beevor's WW2
tonger
General Manager

Post by tonger »

I think Porzingis is going to be the best player of this draft. I hope Jesse camps Andrew Harrison's inside and strength and turns him into an inside god. Big hopes for the LoonGod as well - one of my IRL favorite players.

Big swing with extending Jimmy's rookie contract means this year is critical for us. Need a few pieces to land this offseason; feeling optimistic!

Drummond will be fully camped. Really looking forward to seeing camps from TJones and Jimmy at SF - hoping both of them take a leap. Would actually not mind if Bosh's rebounding drops to B+ so he can play SF!

Atlantic: Celtics - young team will get better.
Central: P A C E R S
Midwest: Nuggets - another team that should get better.
Pacific: Kings, unless Blazers retain all their guys this offseason.

Dante Exum!!!

Most underrated player on your own team

Now that I've re-signed him, I can finally talk about JEREBKO. Fantastic shot funnel, can play 2-4, very good defender

too painful to answer

Spurs - Hope we shift out a lot of deadwood... COYS
Warriors - really hope Klay is a warrior for life and we go down swinging with this core 3.

Just watched Furiosa and American Fiction... both outstanding!
Jordo
The Champ

Post by Jordo »

Top 4 is a spicy group of prospects, happy I could sneak into the end of the first round and grab Royce. Idk just have a gut feeling about the guy and could provide some good 3 and d minutes off the bench.

Goal is of course brining back Kawhi, I've kind of accepted Granger was a 1 year rental but doesnt mean im not going to try to bring him back.

I need Kawhi's shooting to improve and everyone hold the line, especially TP.

Atlantic: Boston
Central: Indy
Midwest: Nuggies, think they whoop us if they didnt get Linsanitized
Pacific: Kangz

Ugh Derick White is my dream SLN player.

Your favorite SLN roster of all time (not your own teams)

Pounding the PJ Tucker drum

Tonger or Merv!

Someone tell me which F1 team I should root for? I've always been partial to Lewis, and but rooting for Ferrari next season seems like front running. I'm consistently jealous of Charles LeClercs life, dude dates hot girls and drives ferraris. Lando's a bitch, Piastri's a bitch. Ricciardo's washed. Max might be the actual least likable dominant athlete in sports. Fuck it go Ferrari.

10. Movies, TV, books, games, whatever recommendations
I just finished S1 of Lost for the first time, holy fuck what a show.

Last edited by Jordo on June 10th, 2024, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yee-to-the-Haw
SoNicks
General Manager

Post by SoNicks »

Think there’s gonna be a lot of depth in this years draft. I think CWood becomes a bucket and a star after an offensive supercamp

It’s been great! Loved this offseason I’ve had a blast. I’m gonna be awal and yolo this season. Open for business and open to Ls

Like all of these animals. If one can turn into a guy I can flip that would be nice.

Atlantic: Celtics - continuity
Central: bucks - KD
Midwest: Nuggets - big 3 is nice and continuity
Pacific: kings - weak ass division
Boo O6!!

Pascal siakam. For some reason i think he’ll be and SLN superstar. If he doesn’t count then Chet Faker.

What would you trade the 10th pick in the draft for?

Gerald Wallace

Suns
Royals ebbing but still tough.
Touch some grass!
Josh
The Champ

Post by Josh »

Happy with my draft! I was happy to secure the best lotto odds because I felt like you couldn't go wrong in the top 4. I think I would've taken the zinger #2 (ralph repeating this nickname has rubbed off on me).
I kept getting surprised that players I wanted were available at my picks. I thought scary terry would be top 10. Hezonja and oubre both look like high potential 20 year old SFs with solid foundations that could've been top 15 i thought. Either I should be happy with my draft, or nervous that I am misjudging the notes

Happy with draft. Goal is to tank another year unless an offer comes in that I can't refuse.

Hope Capela takes a step. I am hoping this season he gets the "multiple blocks a game" I was expecting from his notes. Wouldn't mind the zinger getting some boosts!!

There were all easy except for atlantic where Heat may compete if they get their frontcourt back
Atlantic: Celtics
Central: Pacers
Midwest: Spurs
Pacific: Suns

Obviously Dante Exum!!!

What is the league's biggest mistake when drafting? What is the worst contract in the league?

This should be called the Kris Clack award. Obviously 20 years old 6MOTY Nurkic.

NA

Excited for Bears hard knocks

Hacks is excellent. Everyone should watch.
Almost done reading through LOTR, not sure why I waited until now to do that.

jwoo
General Manager

Post by jwoo »

Very fun draft. Thought it flattened out pretty hard after five or six players which made evaluating the prospects really interesting. Liked the depth and was able to get two of the three guys I scouted and really liked with Looney and Green. Liked what I got back and am hoping they both become good role players with NDL time too. I thought CWood, Tyus, Delon Wright were all really nice value picks (would have picked Delon at 23 had I not gotten a strong offer for that pick).

Obviously a couple waves of FA incoming but I'd say somewhat positive, I feel like Perk was a good addition, hoping to make another move or two if I can, but the trade market has been pretty ass so far from what I can tell. Hoping we can get back to the playoffs, it's getting depressing up here in Canada.

Really important TC for us, a lot of young guys that we're continuing to rely on, have high hopes for the prospects we've collected but need some gains to have a shot at a playoff spot. Would love Otto, Rice and Adams to keep improving, and have high hopes for Aaron Gordon and Jerami Grant. Hope my rookies get better but don't get diminished NDL gains!

Atlantic: Sixers, LeBron finds a way
Central: Raptors, yolo
Midwest: Nuggets, hope the guys I sent to Denver continue to do nice things
Pacific: Blazers, think they nailed FA thus far, but Suns are probably right there and Jesse will do some stuff

Feel like Jaden McDaniels is going to be a stock lord and Haliburton will be cool

If you could have dinner with any three SLN players from your specific franchise past and present, who would they be and why?

Have a soft spot for PJ Tucker still, he's good at what he does

Quady just to make up for the existential dread from this Dwight contract

Cubs are decent, Bears are exciting, my fantasy baseball teams are doing well

Excited for The Bear, The Boys and House of the Dragon to come back, haven't had much time for anything else with work this month but am looking forward to having hobbies

Bonus: add a pic/gif of how you feel about your season'

Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

Kind of a weird draft for me outside of the top 4, not a ton of guys I liked in the mid-first. Turner slipped to the Knicks and everyone is going to be sorry they let Nav pair him and Embiid. I think Larry Nance could be a diamond in the rough type guy, next Primoz perhaps. Scary Terry and the good Harrison figure to be quality PGs, wouldn't mind gettin my hands on one of those fellas.

Glad we retained our guys but honestly feel a little bit stuck with our current contract situation - we're definitely good/deep enough to win a low 50s number of games, which is probably something to be happy about, but no big expirings to work with and trade talks have not been fruitful to bring in pieces to get us over the top :/ Contrary to what seems to be popular belief, PG and Beas are available if you can send back comparable value that makes us better!

Could really use a return to grace for Devin Harris, he was such an incredible shooter before he got to Boston! Too much clam chowder before games. We got A LOT of young fellas in the stable now, hoping for at least one of them to pop (G. Harris, Tarik Black, Neto, Cauley-Stein), plus unsung hero Jordan Hamilton and big butt Larry Sanders are getting RCs, so hopefully some movement there.

Atlantic: Celtics. Hoping the Heat lose some guys in FA (sorry Scoops)
Central: Pacers. Milwaukee will be a little older and less deep than last year, think Indiana can finally return to glory and take the division. Has been too long!
Midwest: Nuggets. Pretty much a perfectly-built team, and I think they improved trading away Perk.
Pacific: Suns. Bringing everyone back and Joker should continue to rocket up the value rankings. Blazers should keep it close.

Someone wrote this already, but definitely Derrick White. I actually think Michael Porter Jr. is going to be a sim league monster too.

You guys read my new questions every season and I'm running out of ideas. Need to crowdsource!

Gerald Wallace is the first one that comes to mind but 36 year old T-Mac or 37 year old Pierce have kinda moved from stars into Swiss Army territory so I'd go with one of them.

Timberwolves! They've gotten all the luck they needed...want to see them land the plane!

Celtics looked good in the first couple games, but Mavs role players should suck way less at home. Ain't a series until somebody wins one on the road, so I'm not counting any chickens.

Tires was great - can't wait for season 2.

"It's great to see the Celtics doing well again, 'cause that was so much fun in my day to go to the Boston Garden and get spit at, get things thrown at you and talk about your mom. It sounds like dinner at Kenny Smith's house."