Pacers - Tonger
No votes
Hawks - Heimer
63%

Total votes: 24

SoNicks
General Manager

Post by SoNicks »

Merv wrote: July 2nd, 2024, 4:56 pm I abstain from voting out of principle and vote for the abolishment of GMOTY.
I 100% agree gmoty is the lamest shit ever. I vote we change it to Worst gm of the year and vote to fuck over the GM who performed the WORST, whether through complete inactivity or sheer stupidity . Make SLN toxic again
tonger
General Manager

Post by tonger »

SoNicks wrote: July 2nd, 2024, 5:13 pm
Merv wrote: July 2nd, 2024, 4:56 pm I abstain from voting out of principle and vote for the abolishment of GMOTY.
I 100% agree gmoty is the lamest shit ever. I vote we change it to Worst gm of the year and vote to fuck over the GM who performed the WORST, whether through complete inactivity or sheer stupidity . Make SLN toxic again
Award for complete inactivity you say? That would be a shoo in
The Transfer Portal
Small Council

Post by The Transfer Portal »

But the same guys would win every year !
SoNicks
General Manager

Post by SoNicks »

The Transfer Portal wrote: July 2nd, 2024, 5:23 pm
But the same guys would win every year !
And they’d get punished every year too with a Flacco award! I want to see inactivity punished by running a 5k in a Duck outfit damnit
mantypas/CavsCzar
General Manager

Post by mantypas/CavsCzar »

The only reason I am anti WGMOTY award is because I would fear of being in the running way too often
SoNicks
General Manager

Post by SoNicks »

mantypas/CavsCzar wrote: July 2nd, 2024, 5:31 pm

The only reason I am anti WGMOTY award is because I would fear of being in the running way too often
Lmao I def would’ve collected one of these bad boys this summer.
Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

I voted for Heimer! Definitely seemed like the right time to push chips in, and an efficient wing with stocks was exactly what his team was missing (idk if any team isn’t a perfect fit for Durant, but you know what I mean). Seems like he didn’t have to give up any of his core to get it done, and should be able to use his MLE and maybe 22 to fill in the gaps and try to get a title for the Joe tree in the next couple years. Runner up was probably Jesse for getting LA and AK, but I don’t think anyone else really made any moves of note. Lotta teams just sitting in their hands this year and hoping for organic improvement!
"It's great to see the Celtics doing well again, 'cause that was so much fun in my day to go to the Boston Garden and get spit at, get things thrown at you and talk about your mom. It sounds like dinner at Kenny Smith's house."
jwoo
General Manager

Post by jwoo »

Voted for Steven, thought his patience and overall moves paid off nicely and he won the division/tied for East regular season, think that should be rewarded. The KD trade was obviously massive for Heimer, but the Nets were good rail to rail (which is something I think has to matter for a reg season award) and made a really underrated move for Ilyasova/timed two supercamps very well for Rudy and Hardaway that kinda clicked the rest into place. Steven had a vision for the team and executed it, dating back to the Lou Will deal during the frenzy (I know we aren’t supposed to factor in previous season trades but oftentimes those are the moves that set up the following season and they need to be considered as such IMO.)

Generally agree with the sentiment that the criteria here is inconsistent year to year. To me it’s always been a team building award more so than an award that required a big trade or whatever to win. Would be fine doing away with this or changing it after this season
The Transfer Portal
Small Council

Post by The Transfer Portal »

Voted for Heimer

Got KD @ a very good price. Completely changed the trajectory of his team. Easy one4me.
Jordo
The Champ

Post by Jordo »

Voted for Heimer!

KD trade was a home run

Also shouts to Steven for superb roster creation and Joe for the Crawford trade
Yee-to-the-Haw