Diversity Pod - 8/13/24

Post them sweet podcasts here!
mantypas/CavsCzar
General Manager

Post by mantypas/CavsCzar »

jwoo wrote: August 13th, 2024, 9:19 pmtree erasure
this pod was meant to end racism and bring people together.... guess we failed boys
FOR THE LAND
SoNicks
General Manager

Post by SoNicks »

mantypas/CavsCzar wrote: August 14th, 2024, 8:28 am
jwoo wrote: August 13th, 2024, 9:19 pmtree erasure
this pod was meant to end racism and bring people together.... guess we failed boys
Which tree did we miss?
BBB
Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

Happy about diversity, unhappy about SoundCloud pod - can’t change playback speed! (Unless I’m stupid and can’t figure it out)
I miss Manu
Hoff
General Manager

Post by Hoff »

@SoNicks and @tonger Thanks for believing! Dallas is very dependent on Kyrie, but I believe we built a strong team around him in his presence and his absence. Either way, this is the most excited I've been about my team going into a season in a long time!
jwoo
General Manager

Post by jwoo »

Someone gotta trade for Muscala now
"It’s the evilness of the business that I don’t really care about, not the media per se. It’s the ill intent that comes along with it. Searching for headlines, searching for stories, clickbait. That’s the part I don’t like." - DeMarcus Cousins
Hoff
General Manager

Post by Hoff »

Also, can't wait for the Muscala experiment in PS #2
Tyler
The Champ

Post by Tyler »

Jokic is B rebounding to Muscala’s C and way more efficient on double the volume.

Ashes said on a pod that inside is most effective when both bigs are good free throw shooters. What makes Jokic special is he has 90+ strength, inside and jump shot, so I’m hoping him and Boban feast at the line
Tyler
The Champ

Post by Tyler »

I am once again very very high on the Mavs. Don’t let me down again on my prediction Hoff
Jordo
General Manager

Post by Jordo »

Tyler wrote: August 14th, 2024, 9:48 am I am once again very very high on the Mavs. Don’t let me down again on my prediction Hoff
Retweet
Yee-to-the-Haw
pacers
General Manager

Post by pacers »

Tyler wrote: August 14th, 2024, 9:37 am Jokic is B rebounding to Muscala’s C and way more efficient on double the volume.

Ashes said on a pod that inside is most effective when both bigs are good free throw shooters. What makes Jokic special is he has 90+ strength, inside and jump shot, so I’m hoping him and Boban feast at the line
On volume - absolutely, no arguments there. The point I was trying to make on the pod, maybe not super clearly, is that this past season, based on the numbers, they're otherwise similar. Muscala played 2265 minutes this past season and Jokic played 2700, so the sample sizes are fairly clean. For each:

- Rebounding: Jokic gets 10.09 reb/36, and Muscala gets 9.87. Jokic also loses 0.87 possessions/36 via stock/to, whereas Muscala gains 1.06.
- Efficiency: On shooting splits, you’re absolutely right. Muscala gets to the line a lot more though, so their scoring efficiency per possession is fairly even - Jokic generally gets 1.16 points each time he touches the ball, vs. 1.14 for Muscala. But again to your point Jokic has a LOT more volume.

To be sure, I’m only talking about Muscala vs Jokic performance this past season - not who I’d rather have, who will be a better player in the future, and who’s more valuable, all of whom are Jokic 8 days a week.

I feel like I owe it to everyone now, so later today I'll post an article going deeper on some of these metrics!