Honorable Mentions from the 2014 Retiring Class

SLN greats forever enshrined in the Hall of Fame!

Moderators: mantypas/CavsCzar, SoNicks

jwoo
General Manager

Post by jwoo »

I think the question which I don't have the answer to is are we voting for guys who were good players, or are we gearing this more towards what they accomplished, if every player with cool ratings/a cool profile/a productive career gets in then what are we really voting on?

I'm not anti Marion, would be fine if he got a vote, but I also support drawing the line somewhere idk
"It’s the evilness of the business that I don’t really care about, not the media per se. It’s the ill intent that comes along with it. Searching for headlines, searching for stories, clickbait. That’s the part I don’t like." - DeMarcus Cousins
Jordo
General Manager

Post by Jordo »

We voted on Kerry Kittles but not Shawn Marion?

the alamo remembers
Yee-to-the-Haw
Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

I think like the real life screen committee, it's a combination of career stats (including height and length of peak), accolades/titles, and then some measure of the eye test (e.g., if you didn't have a clear case of stats/accolades, you should probably have been a top 5 or 7 guy in the league by popular opinion at some point in your career)
I miss Manu
Concepts of a Plan
General Manager

Post by Concepts of a Plan »

Our hall of fame might be too inclusive. But if Kittles gets a vote, Marion should too
We have concepts of a plan - Orlando Front Office
mantypas/CavsCzar
General Manager

Post by mantypas/CavsCzar »

I am really appreciating all of this. Though Nick and I are the historians, this is a democracy, and all opinions are welcome. As Stephen A says, "EMBRACE DEBATE"
FOR THE LAND