New Board Features/Guide

BIG NEWS here!
Josh
The Champ

Post by Josh »

stupid question

is there a way to make the folders automatically mark as read when you open them, like in the old site?

as an example, I would like to be able to click on the pick em folder and have it automatically be marked read without reading each reply or clicking mark as read
mantypas/CavsCzar
General Manager

Post by mantypas/CavsCzar »

Josh wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 8:57 am stupid question

is there a way to make the folders automatically mark as read when you open them, like in the old site?

as an example, I would like to be able to click on the pick em folder and have it automatically be marked read without reading each reply or clicking mark as read
You can mark topics read in each folder desktop mode its on the top right of the page, mobile its at the bottom of the page
Josh
The Champ

Post by Josh »

mantypas/CavsCzar wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 9:36 am

You can mark topics read in each folder desktop mode its on the top right of the page, mobile its at the bottom of the page
Yeah I was wondering if there's a way to have the folders automatically do that
mantypas/CavsCzar
General Manager

Post by mantypas/CavsCzar »

Oh yeah my b no clue...
ashes
Site Admin

Post by ashes »

You mean the threads? As soon as you click on a new thread it's marked as "read" but it will still show up under new posts because it's still a new post.

If you use "Unread posts" then they won't show up.
ashes
Site Admin

Post by ashes »

GrundleSauce wrote: February 21st, 2024, 8:16 am Found something that might be able to be improved upon a bit. When you adjust the global font size (LOVE THE FEATURE!), vertical spacing does not change to accommodate.

Two examples:
  • Newest Posts section at the bottom of the page
  • Spotify links; the play button is cut off
i don't think this is a font size thing, it's the spacing, which you can change as well. My small laptop has spotify embed show perfectly, my larger laptop i have to adjust the board settings

maybe a combination of font size plus board width? i dunno
GrundleSauce
General Manager

Post by GrundleSauce »

Does sending messages to multiple people work? I tried and the message completely disappeared.
Pokemon Master Rahsaan Roland Kirk. Yes.
GrundleSauce
General Manager

Post by GrundleSauce »

Figured it out. It was indeed user error!
Pokemon Master Rahsaan Roland Kirk. Yes.