How Valuable Are Your Picks? Part 2 for 2 year anniversary

Post your written content here!
rbrown5192
General Manager

Post by rbrown5192 »

Concepts of a Plan wrote: Yesterday, 8:51 am Would you guys say you prefer the DERtroit Pistons over Detroit?
Maybe a rebrand is what the Pistons need right now
mantypas/CavsCzar
General Manager

Post by mantypas/CavsCzar »

Matt wrote: Yesterday, 6:15 am

Also yes, don't trade for other people's picks. Only Bulls picks have resulted in LeBron! Someone give me a good big for my futures!
Says the guy intentionally tanking the value of his own picks
FOR THE LAND
quady
General Manager

Post by quady »

Tyler wrote: September 17th, 2024, 8:09 pm
quady wrote: September 17th, 2024, 7:57 pm Also hard to account for the trading back of picks - think that would result in the picture looking far rosier than reality for the teams originally sending out picks
The way we track picks with the middle column of trades on draft day and still showing who’s pick it was in the left column to help Ashes process made this more possible than I thought. It also helps that I was the draft mod processing the draft day trades so I did try to filter these out to attempt to isolate true futures being conveyed but I’m sure some fell through the cracks
oh I meant the scenario where I trade my picks out, realize I'm not as good as I think, and trade back for my picks
Tyler
The Champ

Post by Tyler »

quady wrote: Yesterday, 10:26 am
Tyler wrote: September 17th, 2024, 8:09 pm
quady wrote: September 17th, 2024, 7:57 pm Also hard to account for the trading back of picks - think that would result in the picture looking far rosier than reality for the teams originally sending out picks
The way we track picks with the middle column of trades on draft day and still showing who’s pick it was in the left column to help Ashes process made this more possible than I thought. It also helps that I was the draft mod processing the draft day trades so I did try to filter these out to attempt to isolate true futures being conveyed but I’m sure some fell through the cracks
oh I meant the scenario where I trade my picks out, realize I'm not as good as I think, and trade back for my picks
Oh ya definitely agree. I think the leverage to get already good players off an underperforming team is more valuable than these middle of the first round dart throws for sure.