2010-11 Offseason Questionnaire

Post your written content here!
Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

TL; DR: More free RP for a quick post!

Sorry I'm late fellas - got an extra day or two to fill this one out this year. In addition to Team Awards, GMs can earn a quick and dirty 125RP by replying in this thread and filling out the below questionnaire - not required, but why not? Copy down the questions in a reply post and fill 'em out. Can be serious, can be funny, whatever you want. If you want to wait 'til after FA to fill this out, it's up to you! Just get it done by Sim 2 of the 11-12 season.

DO NOT claim your RP in the RP thread - we will calculate it separately before the season turns over and if you posted you will receive credit.

1. Draft thoughts? Sleepers, busts, your draft, other drafts, whatever.

2. How do you feel about your offseason, and what are your goals for this coming season?

3. Thoughts on TC?

4. Who wins each division and why?

Atlantic:
Central:
Midwest:
Pacific:

5. What non-rookie player is going to show the most drastic improvement after camps this season? Who will show the most decline?

6. Come up with a creative "scenario" that will impact Kyrie or his team per his stip.

7. What was the most surprising move by any team this offseason?

8. All those ridiculous lowball flat contracts for stars (TP, Pau, etc.) that happened because no one decided to have cap space one year are about to expire at the end of this season. I am still mad I was not a beneficiary. What is now the best value contract in the league for that player's impact and why? Can't be a max deal and can't be an expiring.

9. Thoughts on your real life sports team(s).

10. Movies, TV, books, games, whatever recommendations.

Bonus: add a pic/gif of how you feel about your season
"It's great to see the Celtics doing well again, 'cause that was so much fun in my day to go to the Boston Garden and get spit at, get things thrown at you and talk about your mom. It sounds like dinner at Kenny Smith's house."
Merv
General Manager

Post by Merv »

The top 5 is pretty awesome. I’m biased towards Kemba so happy for Steven to get him as a consolation for getting screwed in the lotto again. I thought Tobias was a no brainer after him. Really tried to get into the draft to acquire Chandler Parsons but couldn’t meet the prices. Happy to get Cory Joseph after Ashes questioned my disgust as his ratings. He responded with a +2 in TC but still can go to the NDL which is a huge win

2. How do you feel about your offseason, and what are your goals for this coming season?
Pretty excited about the Deron acquisition. We’ll see if he can actually play PG without 18 turnovers per game but it’s the closest I’ve been to having a PG that has real upside and a chance to lead the team. Otherwise, we tried to bring everyone back before some in season trading

3. Thoughts on TC?
Always sad when Yi goes down in defense but up to B+ rebounding is sexy in an environment where rebounding generally fell. Cory Joseph had a nice TC and Deron went +3 with 2 of it being handles. I pray that was mainly to handles because Lord knows he needed it

Atlantic: Bullets. Feels like everyone else kind of took a step back. 76ers have JO getting older. Knicks lost Rasheed. I’m just not as good as the Bullets. Celtics are still a couple years away from that level of contention
Central: Bulls. They brought their guys back and I thought were the best team in the East last season.
Midwest: Grizzlies. Hard to pick against the champs when everyone comes back. Dwade is a monster
Pacific: Probably the most entertaining division in terms of unpredictability. I’ll go with the Blazers as the Sonics started some small retooling. Swapping Cuttino for Redd is a definite downgrade but they’ll be fine

5. What non-rookie player is going to show the most drastic improvement after camps this season? Who will show the most decline?
I pray it’s Deron after his +2 in handles. For decline, I’m going to go with Jermaine O’Neal. He’s shown some slippage already and if his stocks truly take a nose dive it’ll be hard to deal with.

6. Come up with a creative "scenario" that will impact Kyrie or his team per his stip.
Ayuhuasca trip after going to play either LA team. Kyrie and 2 random players miss next 3 games

Gotta be the Pistons going for it. When Woo told me he was gonna trade Lou Will to Detroit I was pretty stunned. Very excited to see how the switch flip goes

8. All those ridiculous lowball flat contracts for stars (TP, Pau, etc.) that happened because no one decided to have cap space one year are about to expire at the end of this season. I am still mad I was not a beneficiary. What is now the best value contract in the league for that player's impact and why? Can't be a max deal and can't be an expiring.
Excluding all of those. Al Jefferson is pretty high up there with his flat 12.5 as an All SLN player

Tottenham is more frustrating than watching the SLN Magic fall apart. But in Ange we trust

If anyone hasn’t watched or read The Expanse series it’s a pretty awesome sci-fi series. Really interesting political situations with Earth, Mars, and the Belt. Plus the Rocinante crew is the best

SoNicks
General Manager

Post by SoNicks »

Kyrie gonna be an MVP. Kawhi will be good. Isaih will be great, arroyo esc 25+ scorer. Fun draft this year!

i feel good as always! both trying to spend what i have to stay competitive for the ring chase as dirk and PP enter the glory years of their careers. Getting DIaw should cover some holes on the bench and im hoping JT can be a longterm game managing PG stud. cleared the books so that the last three years of true competition have room to fill out the books. Id love to tank tho :(

3. Thoughts on TC?
Dirk showing signs of decreased volume. Hell be as effecient as ever as hes coming of his best shooting split season in his career. Hes learning the old man moves so i anticipate 25ppg+ for the rest of his career at his studly rates. everyone else held the line. some signs of age and micro volatility but i think this is another "last best chance" for dirk and diop to claim their 4th ring together.

Atlantic: Knicks - this is a close one between 76ers. Im sure Lebron will catch fire and prove the haters wrong but nav gonna go cook this season somewhere on the market. Im sure 76ers make a playoff run to the ECF or finals again, but if nav makes another move he could be a favorite to come out as the #1 seed in the lesser of two EC divisions.
Central: Hardest division in sports! giving the nod to the Bulls as they got a great thing going but could go to any of 7 teams. I think Bulls make a move for a solid piece and get back to the ECF. what happens from there, only LeAshes can say
Midwest: Grizz - defending champ running it back. Theyve tied the Jazz for most title appearences in a given era and are looking to break that this year and run it back to back to try and carve out a piece of history joining the Hornets, Bucks, and Chiefs in going back to back.
Pacific: Sonicks - Dirks still on my roster and PP was one bucket away from hard carrying a broken team to the WCF. with Arroyo dirk and PG scoring depth returning. We got the juice to make one final run at the death star to get Dirks 4th Concerto and a seat besides the Gods.

I think newcomers Lowry and Teague are going to look great in the system with Dirk to take the weight of scoring off their shoulders. Patterson is gonna be nice if he can carve out a role.

Kryrie found a weird green nugget of incense under his pillow. He asks the GM if he can burn it in the offseason meeting to cleanse the sadness of last year. Do you let Kyrie cook? (hidden results if yes - team gets -3 handles to every player except Kyrie but +10 potential except Kyrie and Kyries Loyalty jumps by +100 - if no greed goes to 100 and kyrie cannot be resigned via resigning next contract, only via RFA or FA)

That Swamp didnt accept my pick offer so i can tank for the Greek freak. I like Foreign Unicorns.

8. All those ridiculous lowball flat contracts for stars (DIRK, PP, DIOP, DIRK etc.) that happened because no one decided to have cap space one year are about to expire at the end of this season. I am still mad I was not a beneficiary. What is now the best value contract in the league for that player's impact and why? Can't be a max deal and can't be an expiring.

Diop - hes the best defender and compared to every other amazing top tier big hes half the price and always resigns. hes the best player in the league. the 06 was right about this player mold god damnit. LASAGNA PLOP

8-)

watch LORD OF THE RINGS TRIOLOGY ER - its a pretty old movie series when you guys were kids. probably dont remember them. They hold up well after a generation

Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

TL; DR: More free RP for a quick post!

Sorry I'm late fellas - got an extra day or two to fill this one out this year. In addition to Team Awards, GMs can earn a quick and dirty 125RP by replying in this thread and filling out the below questionnaire - not required, but why not? Copy down the questions in a reply post and fill 'em out. Can be serious, can be funny, whatever you want. If you want to wait 'til after FA to fill this out, it's up to you! Just get it done by Sim 2 of the 11-12 season.

DO NOT claim your RP in the RP thread - we will calculate it separately before the season turns over and if you posted you will receive credit.

Loved the top 5 in this draft, every one of them. Did not like having this being the first draft ever where 3 picks jumped and I ended up at 6 (losing the tiebreak with Steven) and completely whiff because I misheard something on a pod that I thought was ashes. Outside of the top I think Bogdonavic, Biyombo, and IT are going to be STUDS. Love that the Twolves got the Morris twins together, that's a lot of fun - very cool core there in the freezing north.

We snagged a high-profile FA for the first time in this franchise's history (only our 3rd or 4th time having cap to be fair), so I have to see this offseason as a win for us. Welcome Kwame! We didn't do much else in FA, but I am very high on Bynum as a defensive stud and I was happy to pick him up for a couple of peanuts during the Spurs fire sale. We're still tanking, but if I see a guy I like on the clearance rack who's got a cheap multi-year deal, I figure stash him now.

3. Thoughts on TC?

Ehhh it was OK. I posted what happened, but Brandon Knight going down to start his career is pretty rough. PG had another positive TC uncamped, so he's looking like he's got a quality base ahead of his supercamp next year. DJ had a monster +3 camp /(that makes +7 over his last two camps) and Thornton went +2, so feeling good about those fellas as the prospects that came over in the Manu deal. Beasley ticked up to A- Outside in RC and then back down in TC, which is annoying, but I'm hoping he's just right on the cusp and his jumper continues to get better. He did go up in Handles after I gave him +4 there, so hopefully he coughs it up less. Biggest surprise for me was the quality +2 camp for Bayless, who I am now thinking I should have given a supercamp, as I'd originally planned. Oh well.

Atlantic: Knicks. Bullets take a step back without Big Ben, Sixers are still missing some frontcourt pieces. Bosh with his 15th pickem camp has to get efficient at some point. Chauncey seems destined to be the same guy every year til he dies.
Central: Bulls. The East champs last year return basically everyone and looked fine in TC, while the rest of the division took some hits. Scientists are saying all signs point to this being Chicago's year, and who am I to argue with science.
Midwest: Grizz. They the champs til they ain't the champs no mo. Mavs could be fiesty but I think Vancouver is by far the most talented group in this bunch.
Pacific: Sonics. Blazers will make noise but the Dirk formula is yet to be disproven

Steph! he should be a monster this year.

After every cross country roadtrip (when they play a West Coast team), to get Kyrie back home to Detroit, his GM has to fly Kyrie all the way around the world going West over the Pacific Ocean to prove to him the world isn't flat. As a result, Kyrie always misses the first day back from a West Coast road trip.

I didn't expect to see the Raptors trade Harris and KG - always thought the Big Ticket would retire a Raptor.

I think it's Rashad McCants, but DWade is technically on a sub-max deal with 3 years left and he's quickly becoming a top 3 player in the league.

Celtics need to stay healthy. Was glad to see us pick up a little bit of frontcourt depth in TIllman at the deadline to allow Horford and Tingus Pingus to play fewer minutes in the regular season, but would have loved to see us get an actual rim protector rather than an undersized combo forward. If the Patriots draft Drake Maye instead of all of the other awesome guys in this first round I may just not watch the games this year.

I really like the new season of True Detective - bunch of easter eggs relating to the first season, which remains one of the greatest TV seasons of all time. Seems like literally no one else is watching it so I don't have anyone else to talk about it with!

EDIT: just finished the season finale. Turns out all the suspense was for nothing, the Easter eggs were superficial and the show was a dud, go ahead and give it a miss

"It's great to see the Celtics doing well again, 'cause that was so much fun in my day to go to the Boston Garden and get spit at, get things thrown at you and talk about your mom. It sounds like dinner at Kenny Smith's house."
Clinton
General Manager

Post by Clinton »

My Draft: Extremely surprised Tobias made it to 11. Surprised him and Bojan were on the clock at my pick actually. My love for both knows no bounds, but I chose Tobias thinking that long term he would be able to do more than shoot threes at an amazing clip. Super happy.

Sleepers: Mirotic(scouted him and i think he is going to be legit), Lavoy Allen(listen I saw the B-/B- where it counts for bigs and when I squint "Lavoy" turns into "Malik"), Tristan Thompson(can you be a sleeper with A pot? if you fall to 17 and become another guy who we wont see in the SLN for three years and then dominate for 8, then yea, me thinks so)...honestly I have a lot more but im article'ing my draft grades rn so yea.

Busts: Looks at a fresh post, sees Joe comment, sees more hate for Merv and Brandon Knight. I think Brandon Knight, but i had the same opinion on two other A pot guys and only one dropped outside the lottery. I cant fault Joe for thinking Ashes said BK is the move and going with it. I wouldve done the same. Took a swing and has the RP to make it okay, you're armed for the future Joe, itll be okay.

I think i got really lucky as a whole this offseason. Tobias, Marbury, ANDRE MILLER, Outlaw is back. I have two goals this season, and they are on different ends of the spectrum. The first goal is make the WCF, i think with a bounce back year from some players, improved health, and some better depth, my team can make some noise. My other goal is if everything fails, I successfully wheel and deal my team to become the ultimate loser. Give Joe a great pick and grind out a rebuild lol. BUT NO MATTER WHAT LETS WIN US A RING BABYYYY.

3. Thoughts on TC?
Im really not too annoyed at anything and mostly happy about what improvements i did see. I posted everything on the TC post and dont wanna rehash all gains and losses. Super Happy with Griffin and Tobias making legit gains, same with Nemanja, Larry, Alexey, Quincy. Blatche hasnt changed in 3 years and honestly im all for it. Whatever tinkering is going on under the hood is more fun to wait and see.

Atlantic: 76ers or Bullets, right? I will go Bullets atm, I think Wes can pull any trigger he wishes at any time.
Central: Bucks. Dereks team is deeeeeeep and ready for another playoff run as a top 2 seed.
Midwest: Grizzlies, Vancouver. Every year I think it could be someone else, and I still hope the Youngish Yazz could do something but its the Grizz until someone comes for that throne.
Pacific: Suns. IDK what the hell happened last year but Tylers W/L column did not reflect the plus/minus output at all. This team has a perfect mix of young players on the cusp and vets ready to lead. Ready to see the fireworks of our division.

Camps already happened GGs.
Look at Bobby's Clippers though and tell me they arent about to be a ridiculously overpowered inside team.

Depending on the time in the season, Kyrie will have a russian- roulette esque scoring option choice. Choose wrong and he scores 35+ a game but collectively the team output is that of a tanker. Choose correct and your team consistently plays at a 7-3 or better pace(but it won't necessarily be reflected in the W/L column). Options include him being a non-option as well. The random scenarios won't be done by Kyrie but what his GM does to the lineups, how often, and in what manner.

It wasn't surprising to me but JWoo blowing it up. I think the hardest thing to find is a legit PG on a good contract. He got his Championship and didn't see a clear line to making it back again but he got rid of a shit ton of talent. I did like how he did it though, by giving his players to two Eastern conf teams, he directly eliminated them from the lottery and increased his odds.
We all saw Jordo selling Melo after the playoff loss, getting Kawhi in return was MASSIVE though. Its somewhat ironic that in the same offseason Jordo sells Melo, his PG that he has missed in Harris was on the block. It wouldve been epic to see the Raptors & Spurs come together on a deal that wouldve seen Melo reach great heights.
MAJOR SURPRISE AWARD: @rbrown5192 ...who tf, what tf...barely says a word and even has Ashes tagging you for resignings. Then my guy gets the #2 overall pick AND trades for LOU WILL. WHEN TF DID WE GET ICE CREAM?!?!? Yuh know? Oh btw he also snagged BROY...RB have you deadass just been in a tower staring into an all seeing orb and plotting the right time to flip this league on its head? You're legend.

This question is simply about Rashad McCants, right?

Uhm yea, was a real low point for me after new years. First Bama loses...then Saban retires...then Ravens lose. So uhm yea, football is dead to me. Truly havn't paid attention to the Wizards in a long ass time. Not enough Poole parties yet, but eventually, right? lmao. Oh right, Mbappe going to Real Madrid is somehow stupid to me, is La Liga that legit? IDK

IDK why its taken me so long to watch it, but any anime fans in here, I finally watched Samurai Champloo and hooooooly shit. Same creator as Cowboy Bebop so i knew it would be good but hot damn. Honestly id give music recs that isnt that EDM i sent once but i already feel judged.

8-) Santa Cruz Warriors NDL Champs: 8-)
2008, 2012, 2014
Hoff
General Manager

Post by Hoff »

Sleepers: Tobias Harris and Bojan are going to be scoring studs. After do a post-draft analysis, I really fucked up. What was I thinking taking Derrick Williams there? So be it. I have hopes Derrick Williams can become a good starting player in this league. I really liked Vucevic and tried trading up for him. He’s going to be an Okur-type player.

I really loved the Jrue TC. I think he will finally be a stud in this league for years to come. Kobe, AK, and Jamal all held the line. Hopefully, there’s some under the hood improvement from Hibbert, Flynn, Whiteside. I think Derrick and Enes can contribute right away. Finally, Luc and Luis were great pickups in the offseason who will help my rebounding and defense.

3. Thoughts on TC?

See above. I loved what happened with Jrue but mediocre of the rest. Hopefully, some under the hood improvement with an impending Hassan Whiteside supercamp.

Atlantic: Knickerbockers. Bring back the good ol’ squad and I think every other team took a step back. I wonder how Nav will fill the Sheed minutes.
Central: Bulls. If it ain’t broke, do fix it or something like that. Bringing back the same team that made the finals last season, and again some teams took step backs.
Midwest: Mavericks. Making it to game 7 in the WCF against the Grizz with a worse team than I have now. Yeah we got this!
Pacific: Still the Sonics unless someone drastically improves.

Please be Jrue. Please be Jrue. Allen Iverson is finally going to die.

After every 6th sim, there is a low medium high dice roll for severity, and another dice roll if it only affects Kyrie or the whole team.

I would say the Raptors, but I knew jwoo has been planning it for awhile. I wish we were able to make a deal. Therefore, it has to be the Pistons. He had tons of young assets, and made moves to make his team better, but was it too early? Was it enough?

Al Jefferson. $12.5m a season for the entirety of his contract. That’s a contract you can build around. Let’s see if it comes true though.

Knicks will win the east.

Started Masters of the Air. It’s awesome. Additionally, I’m really enjoying Death and other Details.
Jordo
The Champ

Post by Jordo »

Oh boy what a thrill ride. Obviously the draft couldn't have gone any better than it did. Kipke and I agreed on a Melo deal that included his 2011 5th overall projected pick about a week before the lotto. The pick slid to 1 and I was able to grab Kawhi, I now have Kawhi, control my 12, 13, and 14, grabbed two additional Denver picks and get to see what we have in Pat Bev. Finally some lotto luck though, obviously dropped from 1 to 4 in the Yao draft and I also slid from 3 to 4 in the Melo draft for what it's worth.

I thought I'd be stressed when I traded Melo but felt strangely at peace, and that was before the Denver pick moved up to 1. Kerry Kittles surprise retirement set off a chain reaction where I was constantly trying to stay afloat at the top of the west. I thought swapping Devin Harris for Crawford would be a massive hit and it completely flopped despite Crawford and Melo putting up solid numbers. I had no more assets to work with after Artest died on me so this was the perfect time to turn the page in San Antonio. Essentially would love to see solid two-way performances from Kawhi and hoping that Pat Bev can show flashes of starting PG potential.

3. Thoughts on TC?

Not much going on, uncamped Kawhi went +2, Holiday went +2 and and Pat Bev went +1 in his final camp.

Atlantic: 76ers, Bron
Central: Bulls, still the best constructed team in the league.
Midwest: Grizz but the new look Nuggies and Mavs will be right there
Pacific: Sonics, Nick is inevitable

Steph post supercamp is a good bet, so is Jrue Holiday. Wonder if this is the year Manu steps back a bit, but I doubt it.

This is all figurative and could never happen but he'll promote a well known Anti-Semitic film on his IG account, then double and triple down his support for this film.

Was surprised RB took Kyrie of Jbutt with his bag of PGs but I really liked the trade with the raptors for Lou Wil post draft so its a nice move!

It's so clearly TP, arguably the best PG in the league for 5 or 6 years at 8mil a year is such a joke, and credit to Matt, he's taken that cap flexibility, continued to sign players to team friendly deals. The Bulls have so good for so long.

Knicks really need to get healthy!

I do need the league to know that I took quite possibly the worst bad beat of my life during the superbowl. I had a parlay that was going to hit for $505 but Brock Purdys knee at the end of regulation took his rushing total down from 13 to 12....the line was 12.5

Listen to @SoNicks and watch Avatar the last airbender, its phenomenal. I hope the live action netflix show coming out this month doesnt suck ass.

The best photoshop I ever did:

Yee-to-the-Haw
jwoo
General Manager

Post by jwoo »

I weirdly wanted Aron Baynes really bad, so being able to trade in and snag him was nice. That was a decision I made before I realized I was going to trade away my three best plyers, but hoping he'll become a rock solid butt over time. Was cool to see Pankin unite the Morrii, but at what cost? Thought Valanciunas, Burks and Parsons were all great value picks. And of course I'm hyped about MUNDUNGUS.

The jury is super out on all fronts. The most out a jury can be. RB came in hot for Lou Williams and in an environment where most of the league's owners have been extremely stingy with assets and prospects, I decided to yeet it and roll the dice on our new young point guard Rick Rubin. I haven't had a blue-chip stud prospect since Darko (who wasn't on my team for very long) so I'm eager to see if we can thread the needle and be a really fun team (although it's more likely we are bad this year). I felt once I grabbed Ricky that it was a good idea to clear the decks for him, and with Harris's contract coming up on a potentially tricky extension, KG not getting younger and evidently nobody else actively selling, I felt like there was an opportunity for 1) fun, 2) value and 3) re-aligning my team's timeline a little bit. TBD on whether it's a tank or not.

3. Thoughts on TC?

Was hoping for more out of Gordon Hayward but overall TC was fine for us, curious to see how all my new young guys perform, but after I kinda pivoted out of contending, I wasn't as caught up about it for our purposes (since Ricky won't TC until next off-season).

Atlantic: Knicks, I think they'll be in good shape until Chauncey retires.
Central: Bulls, I think Matt added nice depth in the off-season and won't dip much if at all.
Midwest: Grizzlies, defending champs are in good shape for one more season until Pau and Jay Will potentially hit FA.
Pacific: Sonics, I don't think they are dead yet.

I'd guess Steph breaks out in full this season. Curious if Rasheed is dead.

If Kyrie is ever on the same team as LeBron, if that team wins a title, an off-season coin flip will determine which one of them must be traded by the start of the following season.

Um, probably me trading KG? I dunno if that was actually surprising but it did surprise me. I would say I was mostly surprised how limited the market was for Devin Harris.

Jeremy Lin on his rookie contract considering his stip?

No thoughts, just rooting for my ill-fated hockey parlays

New Curb has been electric, haven't had time for much else lately.

image.gif
image.gif (2.07 MiB) Viewed 957 times
heimer
General Manager

Post by heimer »

a true sleeper is a guy who is slept on by everyone including the team taking ze sleeper. Jonas Valanciunas falling to 12 was not something I saw happening whatsoever. IT is a midget who can't rebound or play defense - I get why he fell (although he is probably going to be amazing offensively at PG). Jonas is still playing at a high level in the league and has a sick beard, whats not to love? My main emphasis going into the draft but really all season was "get Biyombo". I was able to pass on him at 12 and opting for a more offensive/two-way guy and still find Biyombo there at 16. Huge win in the Hawks front office. the wolves getting the morris's was pretty damn cool. love seeing someone swing for the fences. Ben paid his 2012 first and with the league looking super competitive i wonder if that ends up being a top player.

finding the right Tyreke supercamp and grabbing a Center for the long term were my main objectives. TBD on the first one. Looks to have been a solid choice thus far. Getting two Bigs long-term that looks completely different, with one going to the NDL, was more than ideal.

3. Thoughts on TC?
TC was decent. A lot of growth with my young guys but nothing great with my established players.

Atlantic: Sixers/Bron and co. Bron.
Central: Bulls. should win the east barring injury
Midwest: Grizzlies. Reigning champs come back strong.
Pacific: Sonics. This team doesn't die. partly dirk, but rest nick.

Tyreke Evans. He should feast as a top option for most of the season and coming off a deadful sophomore campaign.

Kyrie posts Instagram story blaming the jews for the worlds problems. shit that is not creative.

didnt think there were any real surprises.

Sammy D? 4:1 stock guy. Mammoth in the paint. Doesnt shoot too much or really at all. Guys like him dont grow on trees.

Celtics are super soft. Missing Marcus Smart right now, although that didnt fix any problems in past seasons.

DIE HARD.

Welcome to Atlanta where the playas play
And we ride on dem thangs like ev-ery day
Big beats, hit streets, see gangstahs roamin'
And parties don't stop 'til eight in the Monin
quady
General Manager

Post by quady »

Didn't pay a ton of attention to the top. Klay seems like kind of the ideal SLN player - also a spiritual Blazer, would love to have him at some point. Happy to land Mirotic and optimistic we can get some juice out of Leuer after a maybe long NDL stint. Steven twice took exactly who I wanted directly in front of me in Parsons and Moore, but what are you gonna do. The Morri stip is fun - those guys are already good, huge value for Pankin. Waiting for the Jokic stip about ending Kieff's season.

Kind of blah. I think we did well to land Redd on a multi year deal via S&T, but that was necessitated by Mobley retiring which was really annoying -he had a ton of offensive juice left. The David Lee MLE thing threw me for a loop but I think it'll be fine in the long run. He's about as good as Biedrins, a little bit older, and seems potentially equally likely to resign cheaply. I'm stoked about the Mo Williams three year deal and the Peja LLE, so fine on that front. I think we slightly overperformed last year winning 56 games with a +7 point diff. As long as Redd doesn't die, we might actually be better this year albeit much thinner, so I'll probably predict something like 55 wins again? The West also doesn't seem terribly scary at the moment.

3. Thoughts on TC?

Nice to see the bumps for Horford and Thabeet. We should have a pretty good FC rotation for some time between those guys, Dwight, and whoever I can land on a 1-4mm salary. Basically nothing else of note.

Atlantic: Bullets. With a full CP season, they should have a bit more breathing room here. The Knicks look like they might be taking a step back. We'll see how close Philly can make it.
Central: Bulls. Matt gets there last year with better injury luck. He's gotta hold on to TP and hope the 100 loyalty gets him a resigning offer. But Milwaukee is right there, Cleveland should challenge, and Detroit has also made a big push. This one is gonna be a bloodbath.
Midwest: Going with Dallas in an upset. Up in Vancouver Pau and Jay Will are both playing out there walk years with deals that will make resigning challenging on the open market - I'll be interested to see what Josh does, but this looks like a potential opportunity to pivot.
Pacific: Blazers! Gotta pick yourself here. Can we make it a second consecutive division title? I say yes. I'd give Dirk the second place nod, and the up and coming Suns an outside chance.

Start with all the SC guys. Obv am assuming Steph will be the best of the bunch, but always fun to see where the others end up. I think I misused Al last year, and he should pop with a full season at the 4 alongside Dwight. Idk about decline, just crossing my fingers it's not a Trail Blazer. Maybe Rasheed?

RB signs a backup PG. Kyrie gets the feeling the Pistons are undercutting him, thinking he's not mature enough to lead the team. After his doing his first Uncle Drew commercial, he gets an idea. Kyrie responds by getting voluntary season-ending surgery to install permanent beard implants.

The swings by Cleveland and Detroit to jump into contention. I had a lot of belief in Greg Oden which he so far hasn't earned. In theory, an Oden / Roy / Lou Will / Lamar Odom group should be pretty good. Cleveland meanwhile should have a heck of a frontline (for however long Duncan and KG hang on for), and a nice lead guard in Devin Harris. They also have enough flexibility with their own picks to build around this group.

Ah good question. Has to be McCants for one more year. Hopefully Horford can make a run at it next season.

Fucking Kyle Shanahan

Watched a couple seasons of Fargo for the first time the last few weeks, which we loved. Just saw American Fiction which was great. Started the Mr and Mrs Smith show last night which is not so great.. Also tried to start Masters of the Air but thought it was horrible.