Potential HOF voting - we are behind and we know it.

SLN greats forever enshrined in the Hall of Fame!

Moderators: mantypas/CavsCzar, SoNicks

mantypas/CavsCzar
General Manager
Potential HOF voting - we are behind and we know it.

Post by mantypas/CavsCzar »

Hi All

Mantypas/Cavs Czar here as the defacto # 2 running the Historian role with sir Sonicks. We know we are behind on some history updating and for some past retires since the 09 season. We will get something done by the end of the sim year in terms of putting up resumes and casting a vote. Did want to give you all quick glance at potential HOFers. Big credit to Nick for texting me the list last night, I'm just throwing it on the boards

2009 - Steve Nash and Jamal Mashburn
2010 - Jeff McInnis, Damon Stoudamire, Jason Kidd, Marcus Camby
2011- Big Ben Wallace, Hanno Möttölä (just kidding)

If there are any big omissions in this list, let us know.
jwoo
General Manager

Post by jwoo »

are we thinking of the same damon stoudamire?
GrundleSauce
General Manager

Post by GrundleSauce »

Nash, Kidd and Big Ben are autos. Era-defining ubermensches that wove their names into the fabric of SLN lore.

A special message to current Jazz coach and first franchise HOF inductee:
We love you, Stevie Nashcan! We believed in you, and you rewarded that belief beyond our wildest dreams. Thank you for growing with us, for spending your prime with our fake franchise. We achieved greatly and walked heights we couldn’t fathom, but hope to achieve again.

Today, we, the Utah Jazz, announce a statue in honor of Steve Nash depicting the iconic image of our franchise that has so resonated with Young Yazz fans the world over: Jazz legend (and Nash’s unlikely BFF) Joe Smith delightfully lifting Stevie a la Dirty Dancing, eyes twinkling and bangs free flowing, after closing out Game 4 to win our first championship. This moment will be forever enshrined at our main entrance.

Please be on the look out for further information regarding the unveiling!
Pokemon Master Rahsaan Roland Kirk. Yes.
mantypas/CavsCzar
General Manager

Post by mantypas/CavsCzar »

jwoo wrote: February 20th, 2024, 5:40 pm are we thinking of the same damon stoudamire?
I thought the same thing but nick reminded me of the PG stats, I’m sure he will get almost no yes votes
SoNicks
General Manager

Post by SoNicks »

yah a lot of interesting cases. Damons one who lit it up and i imagine his HOF score will be high but might have too much Webber on his side of things. Big Ben on the other hand needs the extra push that defense matters to amplify his score but i def think his type and mold deserve extra love and attention.

Jeff mcinnis - is he deserved? hes the best defensive guard maybe ever but is that enough for the clan? who am i to say. im just a guy typing words.

Mash and camby i doubt stack up to the Alonzo mournings and such of history as the lower boundry guys but im curious what their HOF score is. also fuck Camby that guy sucks

Jason Kidd and Steven Nash are the slammiest of dunks in the same breath as shaq but probably not hakeem. They will smash the HOF chart to the moon. Curious if either can surpass Hakeem.

random bet for the league, no cheating! who has a hired HOF score, Nash or Kidd?
Tyler
General Manager

Post by Tyler »

HOF score? The guy is the all time SLN turnover leader and never won a playoff series. He’s most famous for leading Clinton’s tank brigade. He is the Jameis Winston of SLN
SoNicks
General Manager

Post by SoNicks »

Tyler wrote: February 20th, 2024, 9:48 pm HOF score? The guy is the all time SLN turnover leader and never won a playoff series. He’s most famous for leading Clinton’s tank brigade. He is the Jameis Winston of SLN
Holy fuck you just killed that guy dude. No way he’s going in the hall after being held in the same breath as Jameis “eating Ws” winston
nolan
General Manager

Post by nolan »

SoNicks wrote: February 21st, 2024, 7:05 am
Tyler wrote: February 20th, 2024, 9:48 pm HOF score? The guy is the all time SLN turnover leader and never won a playoff series. He’s most famous for leading Clinton’s tank brigade. He is the Jameis Winston of SLN
Holy fuck you just killed that guy dude. No way he’s going in the hall after being held in the same breath as Jameis “eating Ws” winston
How dare you! Jameis future HOFer too!
Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

SoNicks wrote: February 20th, 2024, 8:53 pm yah a lot of interesting cases. Damons one who lit it up and i imagine his HOF score will be high but might have too much Webber on his side of things. Big Ben on the other hand needs the extra push that defense matters to amplify his score but i def think his type and mold deserve extra love and attention.

Jeff mcinnis - is he deserved? hes the best defensive guard maybe ever but is that enough for the clan? who am i to say. im just a guy typing words.

Mash and camby i doubt stack up to the Alonzo mournings and such of history as the lower boundry guys but im curious what their HOF score is. also fuck Camby that guy sucks

Jason Kidd and Steven Nash are the slammiest of dunks in the same breath as shaq but probably not hakeem. They will smash the HOF chart to the moon. Curious if either can surpass Hakeem.

random bet for the league, no cheating! who has a hired HOF score, Nash or Kidd?
McInnis is a no brainer slam dunk yes. 12-time First Team All Defense (literally every single year of his career!), a record I doubt any other guard will ever touch, and slap a couple All Stars and an All League nod in there as well. The haters will say "oh, but he was a liability on offense, or at best a non-factor" - the guy did 20/6/8 for his career on .464 / .422 / .850 with ~25% of his shots coming from deep, so he was above average efficiency, a solid 3rd banana scorer and an elite PG rebounder. For context, a guy like TB did .469/.404/.884 (obvi with quite a bit more volume). And that's to say nothing of the fact that Jeffrey put up 3.7 stocks to 2.5 TO over his career.

Longevity wise, he never really declined anywhere except for a dip in his volume in his last season or so, and he was a total cheat code as a starting SG and backup 1-2 in those last 2 seasons. He was already doing pretty much all this stuff as a rookie (thank you NDL), so you can argue that his peak lasted 10 or 11 seasons (never missing more than 7 games in a year!), which is way longer than lots of FBB stars who play more total seasons.

The only arguments against him are 1) that his TOs ticked up a bit when he was an option (but he was still well in the black on stock:TO with 2.8 TOs) and 2) he didn't win a title (but he led plenty of 58-59-win regular season teams). There are plenty of guys for whom both of these things are true that should make the Hall IMO. Get McInnis a jacket!
"It's great to see the Celtics doing well again, 'cause that was so much fun in my day to go to the Boston Garden and get spit at, get things thrown at you and talk about your mom. It sounds like dinner at Kenny Smith's house."