2010-11 Offseason Questionnaire

Post your written content here!
Merv
General Manager

Post by Merv »

Dmo wrote: February 20th, 2024, 6:41 pm 1. Draft thoughts? Sleepers, busts, your draft, other drafts, whatever.
Excited to see how all of these dope current IRL players develop in SLN. Had a boring draft personally, especially when the guys I wanted in the second round got snagged right before my pick.

2. How do you feel about your offseason, and what are your goals for this coming season?
Was a very mild offseason for us. A little annoyed with Thad that he was determined to get more money than he was worth. Overall looking forward to seeing how Iggy can fit as a 1-3 super sub after his tumultuous 2010 season.

3. Thoughts on TC?
Didn't see much notable growth but still excited for the coming season. Glad to have this core for another 2-3 seasons and hoping we can get to the promise land this year.

4. Who wins each division and why?
Atlantic: Bullets. Refuse to put myself after our devastating downfall last season. Wes has put together one tough squad, so I see them winning it outright.
Central: Bulls. I think Matt will be able to topple the Hornets this season.
Midwest: Grizz. DWade is only getting better and the rest of the core returning from the championship team has them set to repeat.
Pacific: Sonicks. The Dirk factor is still ever present and Nick continues to build around him. I think they can claim the Pacific this year for sure.

5. What non-rookie player is going to show the most drastic improvement after camps this season? Who will show the most decline?
Steph will likely show the biggest gains. Idk if this counts, but Iggy needs to prove he aint on the decline anymore.

6. Come up with a creative "scenario" that will impact Kyrie or his team per his stip.
COVID happening in 2020 and Kyrie refusing to get the SLN vaccine.

7. What was the most surprising move by any team this offseason?
The Raptors deciding to "blow it up".

8. All those ridiculous lowball flat contracts for stars (TP, Pau, etc.) that happened because no one decided to have cap space one year are about to expire at the end of this season. I am still mad I was not a beneficiary. What is now the best value contract in the league for that player's impact and why? Can't be a max deal and can't be an expiring.

Samuel Dalembert. I have tried to pry this guy away from Matt so many times but have not been able to send the assets to match the value of this contract. I think Willie G is also a great answer but not as much of a star rn as Dally.

9. Thoughts on your real life sports team(s).
Sucks Joel got hurt but I loved the moves the Sixers made at the deadline. Also very excited for the Yanks!

10. Movies, TV, books, games, whatever recommendations.
Watching Veep with the GF rn and it is so good. JLD is really one of the best "cursors" in modern history.

Bonus: add a pic/gif of how you feel about your season
Veep is freaking awesome bro. Have read people describe The West Wing as what people want real politics to be and Veep as what it actually is
GrundleSauce
General Manager

Post by GrundleSauce »

Two of my faves! I wish the West Wing reboot rumors were real...
Pokemon Master Rahsaan Roland Kirk. Yes.