Team Awards 2018-19

Post your written content here!
LeBronto
General Manager
Team Awards 2018-19

Post by LeBronto »

Posting this up realizing it hasn't gone up yet. @Joe will leave questionnaire construction to you if you wanna sneak that in

TL;DR - free RPs for a quick post!

Get these done before the tip of next season!

Every year, every GM's got his studs and it's duds, his craftiest moves and most embarrassing flops. For 75RPs, fill out the answers to the following questions and post it in the thread - think of these as your post-season Dundies, awarding each of the first 4 to players on your team, and then reflect on some of the key moments from your year. Post these whenever! Just get em done before sim 1. Offseason questionnaire will be posted later on.

Once you've posted, DO NOT claim your RP in the RP thread - we will calculate at the end.

TEAM AWARDS

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER:

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR:

MOST IMPROVED:

SIXTH MAN:

BIGGEST SURPRISE:

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT:

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR:

REGRETS:
Concepts of a Plan
General Manager

Post by Concepts of a Plan »

TEAM AWARDS

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER:
📘. He real nice. 29/7/5 on elite shooting splits

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR:
Kawhi Leonard. 2.5 steals per game

MOST IMPROVED:
Ivica Zubac. From no minutes to starting and being an incredible rebounder

SIXTH MAN:
Lamborghini 🚘🚘🚘. The real TS% god. >85 in JS, 3PT, and Quickness. Bucket with no turnovers

BIGGEST SURPRISE:
DFS going 50 games without a turnover and being a low usage good defender just like real life

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT:
Julius Randle being a dick

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR:
Spencer Hawes/John Henson/Emeka Okafor. Al Horford isn’t a fit in Orlando and those 3 cheap bigs let us make a run

REGRETS:
Being terrible at home in the playoffs
We have concepts of a plan - Orlando Front Office
Wes
General Manager

Post by Wes »

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Trae Young. Shot efficiently for an uncamped rookie 46/39/77. Other than that he was the MVP of tanking and helped secure the #3 lotto odds that jumped to the #1 pick.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Deandre Ayton. As only a B defender put up nearly a steal and a block per game. Excited about his development

MOST IMPROVED: Christian Wood. His points and rebounds both ticked up by 2 per game. Turnovers only increased by .1 after playing more minutes than the previous year and was an option most season.

SIXTH MAN: Christian Wood. He was 6th MOTY last season! Still a solid 3/4 supersub.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: Pascal Siakam. Surprised he’s still this underwhelming. High TOs and low efficiency (even though he’s a great FT shooter). He’s a plus rebounder at the 3 spot but need something under the hood to increase so he’s more well rounded.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Jarrett Allen. He didn’t make the jump we were looking for yet. Slightly less rebounds and blocks per game then his rookie season. Hoping for a big jump this offseason!

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: Trading Jesse 1.20, 2.3, and 2.11 for Shabazz Muhammad. Didn’t have enough room to camp any of those would have been picks so happy to turn it into a A-/A- offensive guy when we had a hole at SG.

REGRETS: Nada
Matt
Small Council

Post by Matt »

TEAM AWARDS

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Shaun Livingston. His numbers are down a bit since he spent some time at SG at the end of the year, but he very much still has it.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Larry Sanders. Dat boi stocky af, Our patchwork frontcourt helped us tie for most stocks in the league with the Mavs last year

MOST IMPROVED: Dillon Brooks. Continues to steadily get better year after year - he'll never be the 1st banana with Luka on the team but he's shaping into the perfect second or third. Efficient scorer, solid defender, and good possession guy

SIXTH MAN: Luka Doncic. Solid rookie campaign from Luka! He'll get one more year at supersub before he takes over for Livingston at PG next year.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: Just how much Linsanity flipped my mood. Was pretty disappointed in the team through 5 months of the season but Linsanity is one of the most fun things I've experienced in sim basketball

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Caris LeVert. Be better my guy!

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: We had a lot of acquisitions! I think being able to get Lin and Bynum for one pick in what looks like something in the 11-16 range was probably the best move of the year, but picking up Larry Sanders and Shaun Livingston for relatively cheap was helpful too.

REGRETS: I PM'd myself instead of ashes for my game 7 DC and lost by 1 point...pretty disappointing
LeBronto
General Manager

Post by LeBronto »

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Boogie. He's just been a complete workhorse since we got him. Not many guys you can just anchor an offense to the way you can with him. I don't particularly care about his turnovers contextually as a result.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: DeAndre. Shipped him off to Philly but he's the best at what he does. We were actually not that great defensively last year despite what our personnel would suggest.

MOST IMPROVED: Jerian Grant. Had a huge TC after I supercamped him and delivered on my faith in him. Glad to have him around as an awesome depth piece for a few more seasons and know he can be a viable starter.

SIXTH MAN: DeMar, I guess? He was pretty solid. Not as perfect a fit as I was hoping when I got him. But a nice piece for us who helped a lot.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: Jerian being quite as good as he was in terms of turnover control. Jason Hart-esque season from him. Hope he will maintain a good level of play for a while.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: DeAndre getting hurt and missing the last part of the season, leading directly to our demise in the first round. Wasn't the only reason we lost but it certainly did not help.

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: I guess DeMar since LeBron was after the season

REGRETS: None really, just a bummer to lose in the first round and not get a real shot to make it back to the Finals, FBB injuries have fucked us many a time
Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

TEAM AWARDS

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Taurean Prince! Put up a real nice line totally uncamped, and then got his +10 boni and a supercamp to boot. Hopefully big things from him this year!

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: lol. Rondo maybe? He had A- defense but we weren't really the stalwart defensive force of Celtics teams of the past.

MOST IMPROVED: Prince for sure. Nice to see his ratings tick up and his production with it.

SIXTH MAN: Oh god. Maybe Derrick Williams? He was annoyingly competent at times.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: Snagging the top lotto odds from Kipke in the last sim. We both dropped in the lotto, but dropping fom 1 to 2 felt a little easier to stomach than dropping from 2 to 4.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: I guess dropping to 2? Probably would have ended up trading down.

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: If we're counting this offseason, definitely Harden and Looney fo free 99.

REGRETS: Letting Hayward go last season for 1 pick - how are there so many "buyers" now on the trade block and I couldn't get a single decent offer for a prime superstar!? I'm gonna keep bringing this up
I miss Manu
mantypas/CavsCzar
General Manager

Post by mantypas/CavsCzar »

TEAM AWARDS - CAVS

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Zach Lavine - the dude is an animal - put up 30 PPG on good efficiency and great D - our king

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Nerlens Noel - the dude just loves getting stocks.

MOST IMPROVED: DLo - he started and though he started turning the ball over a ton, once we got a good dc, those TOs ticked down and he was efficient as a high volume scorer

SIXTH MAN: Jae Crowder or markieff morris - switched both of these guys around in the starting spot both both were great coming off the bench to add scoring pop or defense and rebounding

BIGGEST SURPRISE: Beating the Raps in the playoffs then taking the magic to 7 and narrowly losing. Was pumped to get out of the first round of the playoffs for like maybe the third or fourth time. one good bounce in Game 2 or 6 and we would've made our first ECF ever. Maybe this will be the year

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Losing in game 7 to the magic - we had a shot, just blew it

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: Probably Bosh for PG - solidified the front court and gave us some scoring in the post. We will miss you bosh but excited to bring on Beasley

REGRETS: None
FOR THE LAND
Clinton
General Manager

Post by Clinton »

WARRIORS TEAM AWARDS:

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Jrue won MVP of the league so him.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Mo “Blocka” Bamba

MOST IMPROVED: Victor Oladipo

SIXTH MAN: Josh Richardson

BIGGEST SURPRISE: Mo Bamba being playable from day 1.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: No one

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: Jrue Holiday/Tarik Black

REGRETS: A lot, per usual
8-) Santa Cruz Warriors NDL Champs: 8-)
2008, 2012, 2014
bobby
General Manager

Post by bobby »

TEAM AWARDS

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: D Rose. Very efficient 27ppg on 49% shooting. Slightly positive Stock to TO

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Eddie Griffin. Starting to slow down from a minutes perspective but still an awesome 4 stocks a game.

MOST IMPROVED: Markelle Fultz. FG% increased slightly, but 3P% went up by 13%. 19ppg, 7.7 assists, 6 rebounds and takes care of the ball. Hoping we can see continued improvement and that he takes care of his shoulder!

SIXTH MAN: Tobias Harris and Jerami Grant probably split starts at the 3, so both played the sixth man role for a good chunk. They were ok, nothing too special.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: I guess I'm just pleasantly surprised by Fultz's performance at this point. Didn't really have high expectations, but he's looking like he could be good. With D Rose, Vince, Brevin Knight being top 10 draft picks I've grabbed that did not really meet my expectations, I'd be pumped Fultz became an all star caliber dude in a couple seasons.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Jerami Grant had went +3 in the camps before last season, yet showed no improvement in his play.

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: Didn't really do anything worth mentioning.

REGRETS: Nothin
Jordo
General Manager

Post by Jordo »

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Jaylen Brown, has become one of the most valuable wings in the league at only 23 years old

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Tyus Jones, top 10 in steals for most of the year

MOST IMPROVED: Jaylen Brown, took a massive offensive leap after camps and the 2 year bonus

SIXTH MAN: Dahntay Jones, old man Jones backed up the 1/2 and shot at an efficient clip

BIGGEST SURPRISE: Jaylen Browns jump

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Injuries, Tyus missed 22 games and Love was injured for all of round 1

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: Beas was a nice improvement over shabazz

REGRETS: Nothing I can control just more injury luck and yet another first round exit
Boredo