Day 85 Over/Under Achievers

Post your written content here!
Hoff
General Manager
Day 85 Over/Under Achievers

Post by Hoff »

What's up SLN fam! I'm back with over/under achievers comparing point differential to win %. As of Day 85, there is definitely a larger discrepancy between win % and point differential than usual:
Screenshot 2024-05-29 221420.png
Screenshot 2024-05-29 221420.png (88.38 KiB) Viewed 236 times
Overachievers (difference of 2 or more places):
The Jazz, 76ers, Rockets, Trail Blazers, Suns, Heat, and Bulls... a lot of overachievers this season but by very little. Some teams have had injury misfortunes like the 76ers and most of these teams have made big trades during the season and still finding their footing. The one large overachiever this season has been the Rockets and it's mostly because of their home heavy schedule thus far.

Underachievers (difference of 2 or more places):
The Spurs, Pistons, Kings, Hawks, Raptors. The Spurs may have the most talent in the league and it shows by their point differential; the Pistons as well led by Kyrie. Kings and Hawks made a big in-season trade between the two and both should be winning more. Finally, what is happening in Toronto -- the 12th best point differential but an under .500 win %... make it make sense.

A league of their own:
The Nuggets, Pacers, and Bucks are tier 1 teams this season all still sporting a double digit point differential. As a midwest loyalist, I have to ask... is the central the best division this season?
jwoo
General Manager

Post by jwoo »

Our season has made no modicum of sense, had there been no frenzy my guess is I would have stood pat a bit more, but sometimes the universe tells you that it's a bad idea to keep trying lol

we're first in FG% and second in 3P% but we get lit up defensively and it's just been more bad than good
nolan
General Manager

Post by nolan »

We have gotten extremely lucky in close games this season but I wouldnt consider 25 home games and 27 away games a home heavy schedule thus far!
Hoff
General Manager

Post by Hoff »

nolan wrote: May 29th, 2024, 10:30 pm We have gotten extremely lucky in close games this season but I wouldnt consider 25 home games and 27 away games a home heavy schedule thus far!
My bad Nolan!
Concepts of a Plan
General Manager

Post by Concepts of a Plan »

I feel like my team is horrid, then I see the Grizz and Knicks differentials
We have concepts of a plan - Orlando Front Office
rbrown5192
General Manager

Post by rbrown5192 »

Pistons schedule has been somewhat away-heavy (34 away vs. 26 home) and our home record is good (22-4), so I’m hoping our win% starts to tick up in the home stretch here
Kipke
Small Council

Post by Kipke »

350 RP