5%
Joe - Celtics
No votes

Total votes: 21

Skillz
Small Council
GMOTY - 2017-18

Post by Skillz »

GMs have until Thurs, Sep 5 at 11.59P to vote. If you like, you may refer to the results of the leaguewide survey that I someone put out on GMOTY criteria.

-Anyone who votes gets 100 RPs.
-GMs get an additional 200 RPs for posting in this thread and advocating on behalf of a GM. Do not advocate on behalf of yourself!
-Do not vote for yourself.

Things to Consider:

-GM proactivity and creativity
-Success in drafting, trades, FA signings, general team building
-Production in the form of wins, losses and team stats
-Delta in team performance from year to year (or in this case, from draft to end of regular season).

Winner Gets:

-1,000 RPs
-Ability to add or subtract a year to any player's contract on your team. Must be done within one season.

Tiebreaker:

-If any two GMs are tied in 1st place in voting, we will do a ranked-choice procedure for them + anyone within 2 votes of the leader to determine the winner.
Skillz
Small Council

Post by Skillz »

Lots of deserving candidates this year. Special shouts to Josh, Merv, Nav, Joe (weirdly!?), Tyler for incredible campaigns.

But I am voting for Hoff. I counseled him against making pretty much every trade he's made to assemble this team, and yet he had one of the best teams in the league and a title contender. Considering almost all of these moves were "against consensus," he gets extra browny points from me. He's also crushed us in r1 every season.

Is he a secret genius!?
Tyler
The Champ

Post by Tyler »

Between Hoff and Merv on this for me. Josh should get plenty of flowers too. Will circle back and vote against Hoff if he beats me in G7 (jk just want some time to contemplate and see the other posts).
SoNicks
General Manager

Post by SoNicks »

WGMOY def goes to the bulls this year. After selling hard last year he followed up his borderline candidacy with an out of the park campaign this year. I’d be surprised if he passed 25 posts. Did he write an article? If he did I can’t remember it. At the very least he responded to my trade inquiries which is something.

Punishment should be eating 37 twinkies then riding the spinniest ride at his nearest amusement park. Go pro must be worn for proof
BBB
pacers
General Manager

Post by pacers »

I voted for Hoff as well. His overall roster construction is outstanding and has been super fun to watch come to life this year. He really swung for the fences with some big risk / big reward moves (Jimmy and Blake) and they played out. If we extend the GMOTY window back to last season, the Kyrie move was huge as well.

So many deserving GMOTYs this year, great season all!
Matt
Small Council

Post by Matt »

SoNicks wrote: September 4th, 2024, 3:30 pm WGMOY def goes to the bulls this year. After selling hard last year he followed up his borderline candidacy with an out of the park campaign this year. I’d be surprised if he passed 25 posts. Did he write an article? If he did I can’t remember it. At the very least he responded to my trade inquiries which is something.

Punishment should be eating 37 twinkies then riding the spinniest ride at his nearest amusement park. Go pro must be worn for proof
I wrote two articles you nitwit

punishment sounds delicious though
SoNicks
General Manager

Post by SoNicks »

Matt wrote: September 4th, 2024, 3:34 pm
SoNicks wrote: September 4th, 2024, 3:30 pm WGMOY def goes to the bulls this year. After selling hard last year he followed up his borderline candidacy with an out of the park campaign this year. I’d be surprised if he passed 25 posts. Did he write an article? If he did I can’t remember it. At the very least he responded to my trade inquiries which is something.

A lot of friends of mine say I’m highly regarded
BBB
Matt
Small Council

Post by Matt »

Torn between Merv, Josh, and Hoff. idk what serum hoff injected into Blake Griffin but that looks like one of the best sign and trade deals of all time. Somehow the entire Grizzlies team is underpaid. But I think my vote goes to Merv, this team had a negative 1.6 point differential last year, but he turned it around in a single season (and did so with two guys who have the same last name, bonus points cuz that's extremely difficult to do). Props to Merv for staying patient and waiting for the big fish (Steph) to become available
Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

People don’t get called nitwits enough on these boards
I miss Manu
Concepts of a Plan
General Manager

Post by Concepts of a Plan »

Joe wrote: September 4th, 2024, 3:47 pm

People don’t get called nitwits enough on these boards
You killed Linsanity, you nitwit!! 😜
We have concepts of a plan - Orlando Front Office