2010-11 Team Awards

Post your written content here!
jwoo
General Manager

Post by jwoo »

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Devin Harris. Had some good showings from a lot of guys but I don't think we win 50 games without him last season. Hurts to see him go.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Emeka Okafor. He sort of quietly had a career year for us and has become one of the best defensive bigs in the league. Between two minds about whether to deal him or just roll with him on this sweet contract.

MOST IMPROVED: Joe Ingles. NDL legend!!!

SIXTH MAN: PJ Tucker. He was pretty good last season. Not sure what his role is going to be yet this season as I mix and match minutes but he is nice to have around

BIGGEST SURPRISE: Jeremy Evans turning into what seems to be a fun NDL sleeper. Was a bright spot for us in sort of a boring season overall.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Not being able to find a pathway to giving KG another crack at a title. Felt like things were getting stale for us and once the value presented itself I decided to, in my own words, pick a direction.

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: Emeka. Was cool to snag him and even cooler to see him re-sign.

REGRETS: None really. I might wind up feeling sad about breaking my team up but I think it's probably going to be a fun challenge!
Matt
Small Council

Post by Matt »

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Tony Parker

TP is everything I could have ever wanted and more. 31 and 5 on good efficiency neutral steal:TO even after starting the season super slow. Plz resign with me Tony!

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Eddie Griffin

Much is made of Eddie's offense but he is one of the best defensive bigs in the league. 5 stocks and 13+ boards last year!

MOST IMPROVED: Tiny Gallon

Tiny put in the work last offseason, and it paid off. Nah idk we didn't really have any guys take big steps forward, McCants I guess?

SIXTH MAN: Maggette Spaghetti

Corey Maggette continues to be underappreciated around the league, but I love what he's able to give us - every few games he'll just score 30 off the bench and we automatically win. I don't really understand his personal priorities though because he has 0 loyalty yet offers to resign for peanuts every chance he gets

BIGGEST SURPRISE: Winning some playoff series!

Was shocked we pulled off game 7 in Milwaukee...but unfortunately it was wasted as we choked the finals away to an awesome Grizzlies team. Happy for Josh, sad for me :(

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: checking the Game 4 and Game 5 finals box scores. We lost those games by a combined 3 points, and then choked away game 6 in Chicago. Fuck.

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR:

Caron Butler! Transformed our team into a defensive goliath and was a huge reason we were able to overcome our shooting woes throughout the season. Very excited to run this team back this season.

REGRETS: Meh. Losing.
rbrown5192
General Manager

Post by rbrown5192 »

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Oden - rebounds and stocks guy that I'm building around for the future

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Oden - see above

MOST IMPROVED: Lowry really showed some major improvement but I dealt him away off the back of that. I'll be watching him in Seattle to see how things go.

SIXTH MAN: Bellinelli was a solid sub for the year. 45% from 3

BIGGEST SURPRISE: landing #2 in the lottery!

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: I really wanted Lowry to make more of a jump and be the long-term starter in Detroit but ultimately didn't seem to be trending that way

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: Lou will for Hayward and other prospects. Looking forward to winning this upcoming season!

REGRETS: we'll see how these trades play out. BRoy on only 2 years could be a challenge
Wes
General Manager

Post by Wes »

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Manu. He averaged 36 with great efficiency, positive stock:to, and elite rebounding from SG. He's the best

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Big Benjamin. Although he can't play as many minutes in what turned out to be his final year, the minutes he played were super useful. 3.5 stocks to .6 tos.

MOST IMPROVED: OJ Mayo. Played the backup 1/2 great shooting lights out. Just under a point a minute on phenomenal shooting splits. Need to find a way to get him more minutes.

SIXTH MAN: Gerald Wallace. Our most unsung hero. Stocky beyond belief and a decent rebounder to boot. GWall is our glue guy.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: Hedo. I didn't think he would add much but turned out to be a great SF for us. He shoots so many 3's relative to his shot selection it worked out well for ourt team.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Jeff Green. Don't worry, this is his year

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: Hedo. Getting paid 100rp to take him on was nice.

REGRETS: Not getting a better big man to solidify our front court. Got out rebounded in the playoffs a lot
GrundleSauce
General Manager

Post by GrundleSauce »

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Marvin Williams. Our fearless leader. Can go toe to toe with any wing out there.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Darko Milicic. It's crazy how our D didn't lose a step after moving Bogut. I know Al MFerson is a beast, but I think Darko is the straw that stirs the drink.

MOST IMPROVED: Big Ray Ray! Huge step forward in efficiency that I hope sticks.

SIXTH MAN:
Jason Thompson! My man fucking boards and blocks, baby!

BIGGEST SURPRISE: Big Ray Ray's new found hyper efficiency! My man shot 48/44/82 on a positive stock:TO ratio. Let's goooo!

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Dahntay Jones's 3P shooting! I don't know where it went last season, but he never progressed to the mean.

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: Moving Bogut and prospects to fill out my two largest needs in Al Jeff and Dahntay Jones. Trade immediately electrified the fan base and the franchise as we completely turned our season around.

REGRETS: I wish I would have made one more move last season. If I had gotten past the injury-riddled SoNicks, my team weirdly matches up well against a lot of the top teams.
Pokemon Master Rahsaan Roland Kirk. Yes.
Dmo
General Manager

Post by Dmo »

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: LeBron. Averaged a triple double for the second year in a row and secured back to back MVP. Hoping he can keep it rolling this season playing a bit more SF.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Jermaine I guess. Averaged 3:1 stocks to TOs and the rest of the team super did not shine defensively down the stretch.

MOST IMPROVED: Willie. Started off the season red hot shooting 50% from the field and three. Cooled off down the stretch, but excited to see how he grows this season.

SIXTH MAN: Spencer Hawes. Backed up the 4/5 most of the season and shooting splits really improved throughout the year. Was steadfast on the defensive end as well.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: The backup combo of KMart and RJ did not prove to be the worthy depth pieces I expected them to be.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Thaddeus Young. While he contributed stocks when given the opportunity, his percentages and lack of rebounding made it virtually impossible to trust him as a starter or even backing up the 4.

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: Jermaine even though... see below.

REGRETS: Trading Brand for Jermaine at the beginning of the season. Brand got hurt and we rushed to make a move that wasn't all that effective. We never got our footing after the trade and we crumbled down the stretch. Already looking a little better this season.
bobby
General Manager

Post by bobby »

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Derrick Rose. 22.4 PPG even stock to TO ratio. Would've liked to see a little more out of him but I put him in a weird spot playing him a lot at the 2. I think he probably would've averaged more at the 1. FG% down a little bit which I found a bit odd after an offense heavy super camp. You take your time D Rose. Tayshaun probably would've taken this had I not traded him.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Derrick Rose with 2.1 stocks. We didn't have much in terms of stockiness.

MOST IMPROVED: Minimal improvement across the board but I guess Brandan Wright. About 10ppg, 8.3 boards, 1.7 stocks in 23.7mpg. Not too bad.

SIXTH MAN: Brandan Wright. See above. Probably would've been Al Thornton but only got on the team towards the end of the season.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: Linsanity! I don't have the numbers but I wasn't expecting the Linsanity to be that Linsane in his rookie year uncamped. Holy shit was he turning it over like crazy but that was really exciting for that stretch.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Derrick Rose not being more of a dog after the supercamp.

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: Al Thornton. Haven't really figured out to use him yet but think I'll be able to make him work as a solid super sub in an inside or balanced offense. Resigned for super cheap too. Worth a first? Not sure we'll see.

REGRETS: Kind of wish I made a move for a good big earlier on the season. Market was pretty dry by the time I started asking around. But all in all, wasn't my time yet.
Tyler
General Manager

Post by Tyler »

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Mike Conley was the MVP -- lots of good not great players on this team last year. Conley is really solid, one of the leaders in minimizing turnovers at the PG position, does enough on offense, and gets steals. An elite game manager who I was happy to retain this offseason.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR:
Gortitties! We didn't play a ton of defense but adding a big butt to hold down the post was welcomed. He is a rim protector entering his prime so we will give him the nod over Conley to diversify and keep the locker room happy.

MOST IMPROVED:
Joakim's blocks got a bit more juice and his rebounding improved slightly. Wish this was a different person (Kevin love post super camp) but you know sometimmes you get worse after 26 points dumped into you and your manager has to pick another meh candidate because the Suns TCs suck ass from a straw.

SIXTH MAN:
JJ Redick. My guy. My man. My walking talking dripping wet bucket of wet water. JJ "1 point a minute" Redick. He is lightning in a bottle.

BIGGEST SURPRISE:
Trading a 2016 first for Jamario Moon! This move was more about freeing up cap space to retain Conley and Noah than it was about adding Jamario Moon. However, we are lacking a true SF and he had a really nice season last year. He profiles as Ron Artest with better stocks and rebounds throughout his career. His efficiency can be tough at times but I do think the league wide needle swung too far against this man's favor. He is top 5 in the league in stocks and gets 10 boards a game at the SF posistion... pretty tasty if you ask me.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT:
Kevin Love getting significantly worse after a super camp and positive TC! Hopefully this was a weird fluky season by him as he is off to a better start this campaign but he single handedly sunk our season. I think we are a playoff team if I play him 0 minutes and play a league average PF in his place.

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR:
Gortitties was a nice add. A- defense A- rebounding who gets stocks. These guys are harder to find than they used to be and he is still very young. Hoping to keep Marcin and his tits in the desert for many moons. Speaking of moons! Jamario Moon

REGRETS:
Taking on Ray Allen's contract for RPs! I didn't really think much about this deal or plan really at all as I do when I make most trades. His contract caught up to me this year and I had to move some salary to be able to comfortably resign my fellas. Thankfully Noah took a discount to stay so it wasn't a big deal.
Josh
The Champ

Post by Josh »

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Wade. 30+ PPG on great efficiency (29% of shots from 3 which he shot 42%) with 4+ stocks and almost 8 boards a game. near perfect player

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Tyson chicken man. That rockets game 7 is a legend in vancouver

MOST IMPROVED: Tayshaun. He had a great camp last season that brought his efficiency up.

SIXTH MAN: Nocioni's stats exploded when he moved to the super sub position. 47% shooter with even stocks:turnovers and b+ defense.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: Finals sim #2! Totally didn't see that coming, I thought I was toast. But during the regular season, biggest surprise was maybe Jay Will continuing to slowly get better.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Jay Will getting torched by Crawford again. He has A defense and average steals, yet gets absolutely destroyed by Jamal. No idea why

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: Trading a pick for tayshaun, especially since he resigned. Didn't need more scoring with Wade, Pau, Jay will, so felt Tayshaun would make a good fit

REGRETS: None!
Nav
Small Council

Post by Nav »

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Chris Bosh. One of SLN's best bigs just keeps getting better. He also seems to level up in the playoffs, with some of the craziest postseason box scores I've ever opened. Feels like every other Bosh playoff box is a 20-20.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Bosh. Best rebounder in the league, 4+ stocks per game, and elite post D. I love him!

MOST IMPROVED: JRich. Career-best efficiency and led the league in TS% last season. He's so cool.

SIXTH MAN: JRich, see above!

BIGGEST SURPRISE: Our schedule last season. For the second year in a row, we had a crazy road-heavy first half of the year and super home-heavy second half of the season. Scheduling gods be buggin.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Losing G7 at MSG to Charlotte. Bosh was getting the better of Yao that series til Jack moved Yao to PF for G7. Awesome adjustment by him and one that was tough to counter given the prior three games.

TRADE/ACQUISITION OF THE YEAR: Trading for Chauncey. He turned our season around and was a definite upgrade over Jarrett Jack.

REGRETS: Not having more time to look at SLN last season because of work!