5%
Joe - Celtics
No votes

Total votes: 21

Jordo
General Manager

Post by Jordo »

I believed in the Hoff for GMOTY movement before all you nitwits

Last edited by Jordo on September 4th, 2024, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yee-to-the-Haw
Concepts of a Plan
General Manager

Post by Concepts of a Plan »

For GMOTY, [editor’s note: bring out SLN ESPYs instead], I think this is Hoff easily for me.

Everyone will talk about the Jimmy Butler and Blake Griffin deals, which I thought were massive wins for him in the moment.m and have proven to be over the season. To me, one of his best moves was luck-driven, but Jarrett Jack and Goran Dragic for his MLE and LLEs was a masterclass. When you have the most volatile player in the league, you need insurance and Hoff got it. And luckily for him, he had the best kind of insurance, the kind you don’t have to use. Bringing back Powe and signing Ingles were great. He’s locked up a bunch of mid-late 20s guys on lengthy deals and has set himself up for a tremendous run.
We have concepts of a plan - Orlando Front Office
mantypas/CavsCzar
General Manager

Post by mantypas/CavsCzar »

Lots of worthy folks. Josh made a big swing with Mike Conley and made other great deals rounding the edges (Joakim Noah and others), and that supercamp made Kristaps a pure star. Hoff made the big swings with Jimmy butler and Blake griffin, but I honestly thought MKG was a good fit and funnel guy for Kyrie to take as many shots as possible. Merv made the big swing for Steph that seems to have paid off big.
But Tyler made the biggest risk of all, trading a ton of assets for Boban, then doubled down on Dwight Howard for the inside vibes, then made even more deals for inside guys (julian wright and Okafor). Now who knows if those moves will help this team in the future, it clearly worked this year, and made this team an inside juggernaut, taking who many think is the beast in the West to seven games. Shoutout to Nav too for the big swing for Carmelo
FOR THE LAND
Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

Merv wrote: September 4th, 2024, 3:48 pm
Joe wrote: September 4th, 2024, 3:47 pm
Matt wrote: September 4th, 2024, 3:34 pm

I wrote two articles you nitwit

punishment sounds delicious though
People don’t get called nitwits enough on these boards
You killed Linsanity, you nitwit!! 😜
Didn't need it. Sane Jeremy is good enough as is
I miss Manu
rbrown5192
General Manager

Post by rbrown5192 »

Hoff got my vote. It's been fun seeing him build with Kyrie. Rooting for the Mavs!
jwoo
General Manager

Post by jwoo »

Joe wrote: September 4th, 2024, 4:12 pm
Merv wrote: September 4th, 2024, 3:48 pm
Joe wrote: September 4th, 2024, 3:47 pm

People don’t get called nitwits enough on these boards
You killed Linsanity, you nitwit!! 😜
Didn't need it. Sane Jeremy is good enough as is

this league is only big enough for one sane Jeremy

debatable which one it is
"It’s the evilness of the business that I don’t really care about, not the media per se. It’s the ill intent that comes along with it. Searching for headlines, searching for stories, clickbait. That’s the part I don’t like." - DeMarcus Cousins
Joe
Small Council

Post by Joe »

Real tough race this year (thankfully! feels like we haven't had a super competitive one of these in a while) - Nav, Merv, Tyler, Hoff, Josh all had legit cases.

Ultimately went with Hoff due to the "balls on the table" factor. Dude has absolutely no qualms about putting his nuts and his last drop of draft capital at risk to get the guys he wants, even if they're not an obvious fit, and he made it work, with Blake producing one of the best PF seasons of all time. Nice moves on the margins for depth as well. Nav and Merv probably tie for a very close second place, but their moves (primarily the additions of the Curries and Melo) were a bit more straightforward. Shoutout to Merv for putting together a title contending team with a super Inside guy and a super Outside guy as his two best players, and shoutout for Nav for deploying Turner as a SF to great effect. Really good GMing all around!
I miss Manu
Clinton
General Manager

Post by Clinton »

I voted for Josh.

I had a moment of stupidity after i signed Oladipo. I had around 10.7m left in cap. I had already offered Conley a 14m contract for 4yrs but thought i had no chance with only 10m left, so i didnt even offer Conley...BOY DID I FUCK UP. Josh went from a combo of Dante Exum & or Scary Terry as his pg to a proven winner in Conley that took his team to new heights.

A major key though was identifying his need to get older in the frontcourt if he really wanted to compete. Instead of relying on Plumlee and John Collins, Josh was able to give himself reliable depth in Iblocka and Joakim Noah(the Bay still loves you).

Hoff might win for sticking with Kyrie and snagging Blake Griffin but my vote goes to the Grizzlies.

Edit:
HOW TF IS MERV NOT WINNING THIS HIGHKEY.
8-) Santa Cruz Warriors NDL Champs: 8-)
2008, 2012, 2014
Jordo
General Manager

Post by Jordo »

Edited my vote post to also include the word nitwits
Yee-to-the-Haw
Hoff
General Manager

Post by Hoff »

Voted for Merv! He had the biggest win differential year over year. He also made a big splash acquisition that changed everything about the trajectory of the team. He put together a great team with 2 players on rookie contracts.

Overall, the YoY improvement + the patience then the aggressiveness in acquiring a player to take his team over the top wins it for me.